Jersey Surf 2024 "Surfadelic"

Just yesterday heard their 2022 Atlantic City show for the first time.  I was blown away - it's very much old school music programming, in the good way.  They had a super unexpected brass sound - it was mature and *way* outclassed a whole bunch of corps above them.  They definitely sounded "World Class" against other, much bigger corps. The medley that made up most of the middle of the show was awesome - familiar tunes with DCI twists that got time to breathe.  Seriously - it was totally unexpected, and probably one of my three favorite musical books out of the entire audio set.  Well worth a listen.  

Mike

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, MikeN said:

Just yesterday heard their 2022 Atlantic City show for the first time.  I was blown away - it's very much old school music programming, in the good way.  They had a super unexpected brass sound - it was mature and *way* outclassed a whole bunch of corps above them.  They definitely sounded "World Class" against other, much bigger corps. The medley that made up most of the middle of the show was awesome - familiar tunes with DCI twists that got time to breathe.  Seriously - it was totally unexpected, and probably one of my three favorite musical books out of the entire audio set.  Well worth a listen.  

Mike

that was a fun show. 20 more horses it places higher

21 hours ago, Old Corps Guy said:

Glad too see Surf sticking with the fun and audience friendly shows.

That folks is how you do a show announcement 😊…. and I am not just saying that because Surf is from my home state lol.  Looking very forward to this show

• Like 4

We better get some groovy tie dye shirts at the souvie stands for this 

• Like 1

And, great timing of the video. I’d much rather enjoy the hype in February instead of the day before the first show.  Also, it’s not the same old boring, canned sound track we often get. I hope more corps follow Surf’s lead in this regard. Nice!

• Like 2

This will be a blast. Tower of Power, Soul Train, Barry White. Wow. 

• Like 2