Cadets and bankruptcy

Let's hope for all our sakes that DCI has the resources to fight this tooth and nail.

• Like 2

A sad day indeed. Truly the end of an era. 

• Like 1

Just now, craiga said:

Let's hope for all our sakes that DCI has the resources to fight this tooth and nail.

I don’t see how it stands against DCI period. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

GH getting some 'shout outs' on the social media comments. Glad some folks still realize his contributions to this situation. 😡  

He didn't do it alone. There was a nominal Board of Directors at YEA all those years he was dissembling -with individuals and with their finances - and those BOD members never stepped in to investigate what was going on or create a culture of transparency. The YEA Board members thru the time of Hopkins' ouster were complicit in weakening the org to the point where they needed to close YEA down and start over, and, from a protection standpoint, the new org might as well have been a newborn lamb in a field full of hyenas.. 

Edited by Slingerland
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

8 minutes ago, Jeffe77 said:

I’m for justice for victims of sexual abuse etc, but it seems to me that the only outcome in this lawsuit and going after any entity with the Cadet's moniker would only result in this and thus they get nothing monetarily. This is not like going after a mogul or the Catholic Church with deep pockets. It’s a newly formed organization that technically had nothing to do with the very unfortunate events from 42 years ago.

Yup but the law said you claim the heritage you claim the baggage. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, craiga said:

Going to cost no matter what…. win, lose or not going to court. Lawyers need to be paid for any work they do

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Slingerland said:

He didn't do it alone. There was a nominal Board of Directors at YEA all those years he was dissembling -with individuals and with their finances - and those BOD members never stepped in to investigate what was going on or create a culture of transparency. The YEA Board members thru the time of Hopkins' ouster were complicit in weakening the org to the point where they needed to close YEA down and start over, and, from a protection standpoint, the new org might as well have been a newborn lamb in a field full of hyenas.. 

they were lapdogs. They did what he wanted

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

Yup but the law said you claim the heritage you claim the baggage. 

Fair point. But ultimately the plaintiff's lawyers had to know this would be the end result, right?

24 minutes ago, TheOneWhoKnows said:

I mean according to the lawsuit this would’ve been pre GH I believe. Sure the GH stuff was bad and damaged the corps, but up until this lawsuit the corps was loosely financial stable enough to keep going. At least on a season to season basis. 

He was actually named in the lawsuit, (statement #35 I think), of having knowledge of the incident & took no action.  I think he may have been the assistant director at the time. I posted about the statement last year under the lawsuit topic but dcp will not let me search.    

Edited by keystone3ply
cx