Cadets and bankruptcy

I was a little surprised that this particular case, which seemed to showcase the least culpability on the part of organization, was the one to actually bring them down. But with the overall history of abuse and littany of survivors, (and stupid ### decision making) I think the end result was all but inevitable.

40 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

so Landmark taught you that magical things happened when you touched your trumpet?

after the hash marks were repainted of course

The first section of This I Believe is about personal choice, and the early season text was waaaay more self-religion heavy. I can only assume that is rooted in whatever GH heard in that Hershey Ramada Inn ballroom.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, MusicManNJ said:

The descision to file for bankruptcy was made when settlment discusions broke off. Once the decision was made for the orderly unwinding of the organization the board then started to sell off assets to help cover the cost of winding down (return of camp fees, staff pay, vendors, etc). Just because it was not announced to the public does not mean plans were not underway. This was all TRIGGERED by the end of settlement discussions and the move to trial which the Corps could not afford. 

funny. i asked a board member to confirm the rumors of the sell off....which were rampant...after said board member came on here and invited questions. and they refused to answer my questions unless i gave up where i got the info from.

great business practice there. moral and financial bankruptcy

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, kdaddy said:

The first section of This I Believe is about personal choice, and the early season text was waaaay more self-religion heavy. I can only assume that is rooted in whatever GH heard in that Hershey Ramada Inn ballroom.

ah. the location says it all.

24 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

funny. i asked a board member to confirm the rumors of the sell off....which were rampant...after said board member came on here and invited questions. and they refused to answer my questions unless i gave up where i got the info from.

great business practice there. moral and financial bankruptcy

Is that a thread or a PM I'd like to read it

I am pretty sure that wearing the old uniforms at retreat  was a one last time deal. I am pretty sure when they got those out and fitted someone knew that it was the end.  The time and money it took for that is not something you do if you are trying to save a budget for next season.

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, totaleefree said:

I am pretty sure that wearing the old uniforms at retreat  was a one last time deal. I am pretty sure when they got those out and fitted someone knew that it was the end.  The time and money it took for that is not something you do if you are trying to save a budget for next season.

I had the impression they had worn those unis in parades throughout the summer.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, totaleefree said:

I suspect they had them already from the 2021 season. Like Cavaliers 2016-22, the concept was to have a 'classic' uni for use at retreat.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

One of his sock puppets got very religious during his legal issues and after he got a slap on the wrist, the Lord got dropped faster than your third choice prom date. 

Post of the year. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2