DCI & Walmart Health Collaboration

Cool

Full disclosure: I’m not a Walmart fan and avoid it like the plague. I also never heard of Walmart Health until today. CVS has minute clinics and there are plenty of Urgent Care facilities in my area so perhaps there’s not a market for it in my neck of the woods. My question is what kind of care do you receive at a store where self checkouts are now the norm, finding employees who can actually help can be difficult, and the company has a reputation for underpaying employees who are not valued? Are corps better off only relying on Walmart Health as a back up? 

• Confused 2

3 hours ago, Tim K said:

Full disclosure: I’m not a Walmart fan and avoid it like the plague. I also never heard of Walmart Health until today. CVS has minute clinics and there are plenty of Urgent Care facilities in my area so perhaps there’s not a market for it in my neck of the woods. My question is what kind of care do you receive at a store where self checkouts are now the norm, finding employees who can actually help can be difficult, and the company has a reputation for underpaying employees who are not valued? Are corps better off only relying on Walmart Health as a back up? 

For years people have been saying corps need to get in bed with corporations to stay afloat. So DCI goes and does that, but now we have to be overly picky about what, who, how, when? 

Without being able to see the agreement we can’t know exactly how much benefit there is for the activity, but if we want this activity to survive, thrive, and provide more safety and this agreement does provide a net benefit, I’m all for it. 

Edited by TheOneWhoKnows
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, greg_orangecounty said:

Big upgrade from salt pills and bandages.  Good for the new guy.  Keep it up. 

I agree and I am also relieved that I'm not the only who remembers salt tablets.  And, no personal water jugs in those days....ever.

• Like 1

these are licensed independent practitioners contracted to provide services under the collective Walmart Health banner, no different than any other retail health clinics like CVS, RiteAid, etc. or  even traditional health systems operating off-campus clinics.  Given ready access to telemedicine and on-site facilities given WM's expansive presence nationwide, this is a good arrangement IMO 

1 minute ago, JohnZ said:

these are licensed independent practitioners contracted to provide services under the collective Walmart Health banner, no different than any other retail health clinics like CVS, RiteAid, etc. or  even traditional health systems operating off-campus clinics.  Given ready access to telemedicine and on-site facilities given WM's expansive presence nationwide, this is a good arrangement IMO 

This.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tim K said:

I go to Walmart about 1x/year.  

Correct on self checkout- I wonder when the customers will be needed to help unload the trucks & stock the shelves. 

• Haha 1