DCI & Walmart Health Collaboration

56 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Retired military so I am used to moving a lot.  You can find positives in any location.  

Unless you are stationed in Djibouti Africa. 

Screw that place lol. You couldn't pay me enough to go back there. 

I'd rather be in downtown Baghdad lol.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Pour one out for Nate. Just as DCI finally has a promising partnership innovation to announce . . . the rug gets pulled. Here's hoping he has a Plan B in his pocket. Sometimes it seems this activity can't win for losing.

From the Walmart press release: "the challenging reimbursement environment and escalating operating costs create a lack of profitability." Health care represents $1 of every $5.88 of U.S. GDP. Says a lot about the wretchedly warped economics of American medicine that even Walmart, which is big enough to blot out the Sun, can't find a way to get a piece of that action.

It also says something about the impressive amount of information control in Bentonville. DCI made a deal and announced it to the world a mere 19 days before WM said nah. Did no one tell Nate to maybe sit on it for a month before going public? Did his corporate contacts not have any words of caution for him? Not that it's his fault, but he must feel chagrined to be blindsided like this.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, 2muchcoffeeman said:

Pour one out for Nate. Just as DCI finally has a promising partnership innovation to announce . . . the rug gets pulled. Here's hoping he has a Plan B in his pocket. Sometimes it seems this activity can't win for losing.

From the Walmart press release: "the challenging reimbursement environment and escalating operating costs create a lack of profitability." Health care represents $1 of every $5.88 of U.S. GDP. Says a lot about the wretchedly warped economics of American medicine that even Walmart, which is big enough to blot out the Sun, can't find a way to get a piece of that action.

It also says something about the impressive amount of information control in Bentonville. DCI made a deal and announced it to the world a mere 19 days before WM said nah. Did no one tell Nate to maybe sit on it for a month before going public? Did his corporate contacts not have any words of caution for him? Not that it's his fault, but he must feel chagrined to be blindsided like this.

I bet it wasn’t communicated from upper level management to the sales or marketing department. They should have at least given them a hint. 🤷‍♂️

Edited by keystone3ply
cx

5 hours ago, 2muchcoffeeman said:

Almost no one was told. They hired someone four weeks ago from google in New York and told him he had to move to Arkansas or lose his job.

• Sad 2

6 hours ago, keystone3ply said:

I bet it wasn’t communicated from upper level management to the sales or marketing department. They should have at least given them a hint. 🤷‍♂️

thats usually how it works.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Chief Guns said:

Jim didn’t like Saudi Arabia much.  They couldn’t leave the temporary base and they had walls built around it like a fortress. He was in the reserves then and got called up to help set up a communications center. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, MikeRapp said:

Almost no one was told. They hired someone four weeks ago from google in New York and told him he had to move to Arkansas or lose his job.

I may be in the minority, but I would take Arkansas over New York every time. 

• Haha 2

On 4/12/2024 at 10:04 AM, Tim K said:

yes, we have to be picky about who, what, where, and when. An activity devoted to musical and marching activities for youth has to pay attention to ethics and standards. 

I’m not critiquing corporate sponsorships or partnerships, I am questioning this particular business. Walmart is not known as being a good employer nor is it known for retaining employees. That’s not as  important a factor if the busses stop at Walmart so marching members can stock up on food, health and beauty items, socks, etc. but is it optimal for medical care? Perhaps it’s anecdotal but a Walmart near me had to close its pharmacy for a week because they could not find a pharmacist and pharmacists were stretched so thin, a substitute from another store could not fill the position. People had to travel to the neighboring store for refills and no new prescriptions were accepted at that store. Maybe in the South, Midwest, West Coast Walmart Health is the urgent care equivalent of the Mayo Clinic, but I’d be cautious. 

My guess would be that considering it's telehealth:

1. The cost to the patient is minimal with telehealth. Most of the major carriers now have put a lot of money into boosting the telehealth community for a number of reasons. 

2. Walmart has a HUGE number of $3 prescriptions with no insurance needed. That's gonna be pretty amazing if you're a poor kid on tour.

3. There are a zillion walmarts. I would pretty much bet that you could do the teledoc appointment and have a prescription waiting for you in a few hours in any town in the US. 

Now, does this take the place of a doc in a box for a physical injury, heat stroke and the like. Of course not. But it's a step. 

35 minutes ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

My guess would be that considering it's telehealth:

1. The cost to the patient is minimal with telehealth. Most of the major carriers now have put a lot of money into boosting the telehealth community for a number of reasons. 

2. Walmart has a HUGE number of $3 prescriptions with no insurance needed. That's gonna be pretty amazing if you're a poor kid on tour.

3. There are a zillion walmarts. I would pretty much bet that you could do the teledoc appointment and have a prescription waiting for you in a few hours in any town in the US. 

Now, does this take the place of a doc in a box for a physical injury, heat stroke and the like. Of course not. But it's a step. 

Events have occurred.
You may want to go back to bottom of page 5 & start reading from there. 

• Haha 2

On 5/18/2024 at 12:53 PM, Chief Guns said:

I loved Djibouti Camp Le-mon-Yay !  They had a great pizza place right outside of the French camp. They had a Tuna Black Olive and Onion pizza that was amazing. It was a literal hole in the wall and no indoor tables but even in 120 degree heat that pizza was great. Then they had the French pastry shops where we had to stop every day on our way to do out thing. We beat the French Foreign legion in the TinCat fitness challenge which surprised them and earned us some good respect.

I set up a band program in the local arts school and the people I recruited to help formed a Jazz band "the Horns of Africa"  I got to plan and execute multi national training exercise, train with Legion De'tanger and go out with the Fench marines.  I got to go to Seychelles during William and Kate's honeymoon. Got to hang out with IOG.   I got to go to great beaches in Somalia that I had all to myself. I took the last ride on the old narrow gauge railroad before the Chinese built their new train to Ethiopia.  They also had lots of Ethiopian Coffee houses that were good.  Also got to sing with Mercy Me.  

I did 3 tours in Iraq, none were as fun as Djibouti.  In 18 months in Djibouti no one ever shot at me, never had to write up a soldier for a Purple Heart.  Never had to wear body armor in Africa. Though I did come home with mysterious tropical diseases Djibouti was a great time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2