Pre-Spring Move Ins Predictions

17 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

if it isn’t classified, can you find out how many auditioned for Mandarins this season?   I suspect they had far more auditionees than 2023.  

I believe I heard something like 200+ for the brass at one camp. 
With the other first round camps + videos I wouldnt be surprised if the number was close to 800 total

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

The question that is really relevant is ‘How many 2023 Mandarins members left Mandarins to try out for 2024 SCV?’

2023 Mandarins were lightning in a bottle.  Coolest show of the year.  

Chief - if it isn’t classified, can you find out how many auditioned for Mandarins this season?   I suspect they had far more auditionees than 2023.  

Now the question that might get me In trouble- How many Mandarins cast-offs (who didn’t make the cut) went to SCV?   

What I do know is the Auditionees for Mandarins this year nearly doubled from 2022-23. 

While I don't know how many, I do know some of the 2023 members unfortunately didn't get contracted this season, due to the talent pool increasing. That I know for a fact.

My son told me last weekend when they had camp that the talent this year is absolutely insane and the corps as a whole "leveled up." He also said this year's show is definitely harder than Sinnerman, and the brass line is so much better. 

I will see what I can find out, but I know we have some posters in the DCP family that can probably get these numbers, if it's available. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Ok, change of opinion...I think the Madison Scouts are going to take it all this year. That's right! My inner 80s/90s enthusiasm is showing today. Score prediction...100! 🙂

Looking forward to seeing all the corps...and yes I do love me some Madison Scouts. 

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, jwillis35 said:

Ok, change of opinion...I think the Madison Scouts are going to take it all this year. That's right! My inner 80s/90s enthusiasm is showing today. Score prediction...100! 🙂

Looking forward to seeing all the corps...and yes I do love me some Madison Scouts. 

It would be great to see Scouts have a strong season!

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, jwillis35 said:

All for the Scouts having a great year. I enjoyed them alot in Indy last year. 

• Like 2

I'm a BD homer and also love seeing other corps take the title as well. Also, just to give people an opportunity to continue arguing that BD never (Truly) threepeats, I'll make a counterintuitive prediction:

1) Bloo

2) Blue

3) Boston

4) Crown

5 ) Mandarins

6) Cavies

7) Troop

8. PR

9) SCV

10) BK

11) Colts

12) PC

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, flugelswerebugels said:

I'm a BD homer and also love seeing other corps take the title as well. Also, just to give people an opportunity to continue arguing that BD never (Truly) threepeats, I'll make a counterintuitive prediction:

1) Bloo

2) Blue

3) Boston

4) Crown

5 ) Mandarins

6) Cavies

7) Troop

8. PR

9) SCV

10) BK

11) Colts

12) PC

Blue Stars make an unexpected surge to 2nd place and Blue Devils don't even make finals. Bold.

• Haha 9

2 hours ago, jwillis35 said:

Growing up, I was always so excited when the Scouts came to competitions. They were so loud!  We couldn’t believe their raw power especially considering this was before amps. I’d love to see them jump back into the top running again. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, flugelswerebugels said:

1) Bloo

2) Blue

3) Boston

4) Crown

5 ) Mandarins

6) Cavies

7) Troop

8. PR

9) SCV

10) BK

11) Colts

12) PC

I’m ok with this prediction 

• Like 1

Non placement prediction.

Jersey Surf is gonna have us all talking about how fun their show is.

• Like 8