5.BAC

6.Cavaliers

7.Mandarins

8.Phantom 

9.Colts

10.Blue Stars

11.Blue Knights

12.Trooper

Apart from the fact it's TROOPERS not Trooper (haha - i'm sure that was a typo), I think this is realistic and possible prediction. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Vuitton said:

Apart from the fact it's TROOPERS not Trooper (haha - i'm sure that was a typo), I think this is realistic and possible prediction. 

And it will stir up controversy as well but hopefully that it is part of the preseason fun. 

21 hours ago, iggymen said:

1.Blue Devils

2.Bluecoats

3.Crown

4.Vanguard

5.BAC

6.Cavaliers

7.Mandarins

8.Phantom 

9.Colts

10.Blue Stars

11.Blue Knights

12.Trooper

I am struggling with the idea that SCV will be in the top half and possibly fighting for a medal. I understand they have most of the staff back from a couple years ago.  However, they were in fifth before the 2023 season. There are many FMM that have found a new home or are apprehensive to take the risks associated with this comeback.

I see them in the bottom half if not bottom quarter of the Top 12 as they start their comeback.  

Please understand, I have always been an SCV fan and wish them well.  I just don't see them as a top 6 corps this year.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

34 minutes ago, Old Corps Guy said:

I am struggling with the idea that SCV will be in the top half and possibly fighting for a medal. I understand they have most of the staff back from a couple years ago.  However, they were in fifth before the 2023 season. There are many FMM that have found a new home or are apprehensive to take the risks associated with this comeback.

I see them in the bottom half if not bottom quarter of the Top 12 as they start their comeback.  

Please understand, I have always been an SCV fan and wish them well.  I just don't see them as a top 6 corps this year.

I'm wondering how many vets came back after last year. And with SCVC not active and they get tons crossover from the them they are dealing with mostly new members. BUT...remember BD in 2022 after the 2 years of not performing they had something like 90 percent newbies. And look what happened.....

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, DFA1970 said:

BUT...remember BD in 2022 after the 2 years of not performing they had something like 90 percent newbies. And look what happened.....

As opposed to their normal percentage of newbies.  Majority of newbies to the top corps are college age with DCI experience.  And these top corps usually have the higher numbers of one and done.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, DFA1970 said:

I'm wondering how many vets came back after last year. And with SCVC not active and they get tons crossover from the them they are dealing with mostly new members. BUT...remember BD in 2022 after the 2 years of not performing they had something like 90 percent newbies. And look what happened.....

True regarding BD.  But BD doesn’t have all the off-field drama SCV seems to have these days. 

7 hours ago, DFA1970 said:

All corps were in the same boat in 2022 though. SCV has an added wrinkle coming out of pandemic then taking another year where they lost recruits and maybe even some of their top talent transferred to other corps, unsure if they return (probably a mixed bag).

That said, SCV is a very talented corp. They could have an incredible program and hit a home run. Or they could take a step back. We’ve seen both situations happen to them before, and they e always managed to fight their way back to the top. 

Im very excited they are back. So many incredible musical moments from them over the years. I hope they surprise us all this season. 

• Like 2