Cadets post ballad clip for 2006 show

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's still early in the season, songs are almost always subject to change before and during the season. So if they figure like you, maybe they'll make whatever modifications needed.

Oh, really? Sweet. Looking forward to it.

oh my.....

I agree.

Haha....it may be 4 am, but that got a smirk out of me.

I think I like Crossmen's more too, from what I've heard.

And I'm well aware that shows "change throughout the season." When someone posts a camp recording on DCP, it's obviously supposed to be taken for what it's worth. Since I'm not currently able to comment on the summer arrangement of the piece, that's what I think of what I've heard so far. It's okay, but doesn't jump out of me yet. When percussion parts. visuals, and revised brass parts are all thrown in the mix, then I'll state my opinion on that version. The Cadets USUALLY (in the years that they're not completely ruining them) find ways to max out the effectiveness of their ballads and get a pretty strong emotional response from their ballads ('05 was the first in a while), and the mere fact that they're marching a ballad this season causes me to put some considerable confidence in their staff to make it work.

Yes, good sound indeed.

To appease the masses (or the minority, probably), "thanks to the Cadets for putting this media out." I appreciate them doing it. I don't see any real long-term disadvantages for corps to put out winter recordings, and I'm glad they understand that there aren't any either.

Has anyone mentioned Freelancers 1985 & Emmanuel? That was a magnificent use of vocals in a drum corps performance.

sounds like canon in D

intonation problems

brass line should strive to not sound so harsh at loud volumes... it should feel like the sound is enveloping the listener, not pricking him in the eye with a laser.

Phrasing is not all together

In general should try to achieve a darker sound on a piece like this... more singing like

i think crossmens ballad sounded better

Personally, I greatly prefer the clip of the Crossmen ballad realeased a couple of weeks ago... :music:

So what does your statement have to do with this thread? If I remember correctly, this thread is about Cadets ballad, not the Crossmen. After last season, any comparison between Cadets and Crossmen would be rather silly. Obviously you're entiltled to your opinion, however, the direction you attempted to take this thread indicates another agenda.

sounds like canon in D

intonation problems

brass line should strive to not sound so harsh at loud volumes... it should feel like the sound is enveloping the listener, not pricking him in the eye with a laser.

Phrasing is not all together

In general should try to achieve a darker sound on a piece like this... more singing like

Step down from your high horse for a moment and enjoy it for what it is. It's FEBRUARY, that gives them 6 months to clean and fix the problems you mentioned. News flash, NOBODY sounds good in February.

So what does your statement have to do with this thread? If I remember correctly, this thread is about Cadets ballad, not the Crossmen. After last season, any comparison between Cadets and Crossmen would be rather silly. Obviously you're entiltled to your opinion, however, the direction you attempted to take this thread indicates another agenda.

:music: