The Cavaliers 2007 Show

I gotta agree with The Laser on this one, the demand is just not there, but i guess these days in drum corps that does not matter too much. I feel betrayed by the Cavaliers, because I was actually looking forward to seeing them perform (for the first time in recent history) after hearing the recordings online. Unfortunately, the recordings are sham and the actual show is too diluted with gratuitous jazz-running and pit breaks to allow for even one musical idea to flow easily throughout the performance. There is also a kind of arrogance they display on the field that is a real turn off -I suppose that is what winning 5 of the last seven will do to you.

I got that feeling too...weird

yo yo yo...where my '04, '06 Cadets at????....we aint got no ring, but we knows about how to sing...

*cricket*

...anyone? oh wait, its just me....rats, I make bad decisions

LOL.... Sounds like you really hate the Cavaliers. Gosh I never hated you guys... Uh, wait... Nope.... Never hated you guys...

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still have a ring.... :P

HEY! Sweet dude...I have three of those.

Anyway...the first time I'll be seeing the Cavaliers show...or ANYONE'S show this year, will be in Atlanta, GA...So I'll hold any opinions until then. I'll make sure and bring a pad of paper and a pen to write notes and give my opinions later...

It is only June, and I've heard that Michael Gaines is taking his dear sweet time with getting the drill to the Cavies.

I'll wait to form a real opinion until I see them live in Atlanta, but for now, I like it. By mid-July, I think the show will be much better than it is now.

here is also a kind of arrogance they display on the field that is a real turn off -I suppose that is what winning 5 of the last seven will do to you.

It's called being a performer.

Don't confuse arrogance with confidence

I just saw Cavaliers last night in Annapolis. This is the first time in the 2000's that I hate a Cavaliers show. I was very disapointed. I hope they make major changes.

Edited by boxingfred

As usual, Cavies will sandbag their show till July, then they will gradually and seriously start turning up the heat and adding their "real drill" to the show. Especially the fourth movement. Thats what champions do year in and year out. These guys have a winning formula for aquiring championship rings, and I doubt this year will be any different. Congratualtions on your win tonight Cavaliers, your awesome even early in the season when your holding back.

I judge you when you use poor grammar.

There is also a kind of arrogance they display on the field that is a real turn off -I suppose that is what winning 5 of the last seven will do to you.

I love that kind of cocky showmanship. I wish BD still had that swagger from the 90's.