What's next in the evolution of DCI? Make your predictions here.

I'm going to say, the G7 corps will remain part of DCI but attempt to carve out more definition between what they want (and believe they can do) and the current place everyone else occupies. I expect a new "Super" division proposed. One that will include new instrumentation and a different scoring matrix.

It would work well for visual effect no question. I'm calling it now...LED's will be the next new "thing". WC has already shown it works.

*So many possibilities for creative uses, LED's on the uni's, in the pits, obviously on the drums, woven into the flags...? I'm just curious who ques the color changes, that would take a dedicated individual right?

I wonder if a corps could make the lights trigger based on audio frequency. ..like the graphical eq on a stereo? Might be a bit cheesy but could be cool. Or if the lights could be controlled wirelessly from a synth board.....I don't claim to know how to do these things because well, I don't! Just off the cuff stream of consciousness.

Anyhow, could be cool, would be neat effect during guard tosses etc too.

I wonder if a corps could make the lights trigger based on audio frequency. ..like the graphical eq on a stereo? Might be a bit cheesy but could be cool. Or if the lights could be controlled wirelessly from a synth board.....I don't claim to know how to do these things because well, I don't! Just off the cuff stream of consciousness.

Anyhow, could be cool, would be neat effect during guard tosses etc too.

If you've ever seen paintscaping (Google it) with laser, it will soon be possible for a corps to change uniforms instantly right before your eyes. Or perhaps, create a rush of deep water acrosss the field. It does seem, however, this will require a darkened stadium.

Western Carolina did it last year and it worked great.

Go to about the 8:30 mark. I marched on the tenor line at Spirit with their percussion arranger, I could probably get him on here to explain how they did that.

Yeah, I've seen those videos. I'm guessing that they had somebody was running a laptop to change the colors on the drums. There have also been a couple of instances where WCU had lights go out on some of the drummers, it's talked about after their BOA performance I believe.

I hope that Carolina Crown type uniforms are not a trend. Thing is, everyone is going to start copying them and it won't be long until they are in the FJM catalogue.

I was intrigued at the beginning of the season, but the more I saw the uniform, the less I was intrigued.

• Like 2

I think the plumes need to be a little higher to make the kids look taller (smirk). I was actually happy to see ditch the Good Humor Ice Cream truck uniforms. All the uniforms look Walmart. I'd like to see an overhaul. If you're going to tell a story with your show, I'm not opposed to getting a uniform to match it.....for example - if you're going to do a Gladiator show, then dress to the times - doesn't even matter to me if everyone is not wearing the same thing. It's not that expensive to costume someone for a couple of hundred bucks.

I hope that Carolina Crown type uniforms are not a trend. Thing is, everyone is going to start copying them and it won't be long until they are in the FJM catalogue.

I was intrigued at the beginning of the season, but the more I saw the uniform, the less I was intrigued.

that uniform is awful - so I found it interesting how it got such a pass on dcp this year...

makes the kids look short and the corps look small - but it does hide dirt, which I guess was the goal

• Like 2

I was worried that might become normal after Bluecoats with their cloud people tops that one year... but it didn't. Now Crown went this way, and we might all be in trouble... and I don't really see how it directly relates to the show.

If you're talking about Crown's unis, it is really hard to relate them to the show, but they do relate. Black=space, orange stripe=time cotinuum, purple=Einstein's favorite color. If not talking about Crown, sorry for wasting your time.

• Like 1