TOC - Broken Arrow, OK - July 18

Oh hey- Brother decided to subscribe to Flomarching... I get to watch! But at what cost because it's Flo...

1 minute ago, Equinox said:

Looks like someone got pulled over across the street ... lol

FloMarching sound guy trying to speed out of town

• Like 8

It's like apples and oranges with the top 3

coats visual exposure and ensemble/spatial demands are insane

BD individually and the guard is just so impressive

SCV is a more traditional drill program with an extremely strong percussion element but compared to the other two is a bit compact visually

its tough to pick  

• Like 4

The ballad, though much improved, feels thin to me. But I don't mind the use of microphones while the corps plays to the back left corner; that's a deliberate effect that's kind of neat and can't be mistaken for anything but what it is.

High camera shows a number of good large-scale effects, nicely making use of the zigzag prop. Also plenty of their drill is not follow-the-leader. But maybe they should swap something else in for the S-shaped follow-the-leader drill in the finale, since they did do that earlier in the show. Maybe.

And even on high camera I could see a lot of visual details have been polished. Love the way the trombones dance their way up the ramp in the Zappa.

Anybody else think some of the show's opening chords sound like "Cvalda" from Dancer in the Dark, which Cadets played in their championship 2005 show? (And Bluecoats had previously played in 2002?)

• Like 2

Just now, MikeRapp said:

Gotta say, those who accuse Bluecoats of not having demanding drill can suck it. That is one hell of a marching book! 

I haven't heard that specific complaint, but one would have to be a complete moron to think Bloo's drill book is a slouch in the demand department.