2017 World Championships Semi-Finals - Aug 11

1 minute ago, littlejaw said:

You take a memeber from each section into the dome and then tune them. Then you take them to the rest of the corps and check where there horn has moved to. You then put everyone equally out of tune with the hope all the instruments move to the in tune indoors. As you play the show as a performer you are supposed to ##### your tuning and then readjust while performing to be intine if you are out.

I'm assuming everyone is now moving to the Convention Center for warmups.

Just saw Crown busses and SCV wheelie thingies outside. 

3 minutes ago, quijeros said:

Blue Stars got caught in the downpour. They're taking time to dry off.

screencapture-wunderground-wundermap-150

• Like 1

With the exception of a drummer having a snafu, Crossmen had an amazing run. We're expecting a bit of a rain delay even indoors. Blue Stars got caught in a deluge while warming up. I hope it doesn't dampen their performance! Only kidding. They are about to start and look determined.

Really proud of the Mandarins. They had a disappointing run yesterday but REALLY cleaned things up tonight. 

I've established I'm biased but I think this should be a very close score. Scouts do a great show. It really is quite striking and their music is strong.

I know nothing about scoring, but one thing that surprises me is that the Scouts brass plays very little during that opener. They also play less overall than many of the corps. When they do, they're very strong. Does this volume of playing impact scoring at all? If so, which part of the scorecard is affected?

I want Mandarins to make finals so bad, but at the same time after Madison's heartbreak last season I'm rooting for them as well. Man, if there was ever at tie for 12th, this would be the perfect time for that to happen. Either way it's been a historic season for Mandarins and I'd love to see them keep on improving and moving up!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, prcbgcc874 said:

I want Mandarins to make finals so bad, but at the same time after Madison's heartbreak last season I'm rooting for them as well. Man, if there was ever at tie for 12th, this would be the perfect time for that to happen. Either way it's been a historic season for Mandarins and I'd love to see them keep on improving and moving up!

Yes please, give us extra corps for finals.

• Like 2