Cadets 2018

6 hours ago, Ghost said:

If One n Done feels Boston will "struggle to climb higher", then SCV, BC, and Cadets will also struggle since they had caption results similar to Boston.  Then again, the SCV might not be able to climb any higher.

gotcha - I don't think Boston will have trouble continue to build their score

I just didn't understand when you brought up that wacky VA judge score (I only say "wacky" because they haven't been getting these types of VA scores all season)

9:00 am    Breakfast    
10:00 am    The Day    
10:10 am    S & R    
10:30 am    Visual    
12:30 pm    Lunch    11:30- Drums: 11:45-Guard; 12:00 Brass
1:15 pm    Sectionals    12:15-Perc: 12:30-Guard: 12:45-Brass
3:00 pm    Ensemble    
4:30 pm    EPL    Dinner and get rolling to the show
6:20 pm    BIS    "Butt's in Seat"
6:30 pm    Depart for show    Lafayette, LA DCI show
8:00 pm    Arrive at Show    
9:40 pm    Gate    
10:00 pm    Perform    
11:50 pm    BIS    
12:00 am    Depart for housing    Monroe LA - 186 miles

Good luck tonight Cadets - let's push that score north of 86/87

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, FTNK said:

I really like the field coverage, especially since that seems to be de-emphasized these days.

yup it's solid - tonight Cadets should win their first contest since 2016

it will be good to remind the corps what winning feels like again... IMO; it's an important lesson

hope they tear it up!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, George Dixon said:

yup it's solid - tonight Cadets should win their first contest since 2016

it will be good to remind the corps what winning feels like again... IMO; it's an important lesson

hope they tear it up!

Definitely. They should win in Erie PA too...which will be a great kick off to finals week for them...as it is running parallel to TOC Massillon. The 17 Cadets were I believe 6th in Masillon while BK won the Erie show. 

Also fans love the Cadets and it might help draw a bigger crowd.

Finally getting to see the show live, they run and gun a ton more than the videos seem to let on.  That was really impressive to see.  The choir is used to great effect through most of the show, and they picked some pretty awesome singers.  That ballad... <shiver>.  That drumline... <drool>.  My only complaints are really just personal choices regarding the overall design - the benches don't really add anything to the visual, like at all, and the uniforms, while great up close, make everyone look squat from a distance with so many horizontal lines across the bodies.  I get that in general this is kind of a mish-mash of a show between two staffs, so there's not much you can do with some of the conceptual fuzziness at this point, but overall, it's a good Cadets production, I think, and they'll just be clawing upwards from here.

Mike

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eleran said:

Speaking of care packages, as it so happens my son gets one today - first one we've sent in his 5 years of DCI.   

Hope he enjoys the horn polish.

it's his first flugel horn, yes?  Something special.