The Cadets and GH history of sexual abuse (news article)

11 hours ago, BRASSO said:

Well, it seemed we ran the horse around the track till it dropped dead today... lol!.., before you finally came around to the conclusion that DCI has the authority to suspend and even expel a Corps from membership if it fails to comply with DCI reporting policies. It was like pulling teeth, garfield, but you came a long way from earlier this weekend when you posted that DCI has little to no authority over member Corps. even this morning, you stated above ( still there ) that all of Dan's comments were confined today what he could do with your words (" DCI employees" ) and not additionally what Dan Acheson believed he had in authority with corps in non compliance with reporting policies, particularly as it relates to allegations of sexual abuse, and non reporting, non compliance of such with his office.. You got there garfield to this understanding now, tonite, but it appears that it just took a circuitous route for to get there it appears, thats all. But you came around now to fully understanding what Dean Acheson reportedly told the reporter today, and what the reporter wrote in the article, and so you have arrived at what appears to be a full understanding of what Dan Acheson actually said to the reporter in its totality in the the article, imo.

To clarify, it is a vote of the member corps that decides whether to expel one such corps from DCI membership.  That is not something Dan Acheson can do by himself, as the underlined words above seem to imply.

37 minutes ago, Fran Haring said:

I absolutely agree. Ben is top notch.  This is good news for YEA. 

Dang, Johnny Hopkins Bayview!

37 minutes ago, MelloMatt said:

I do have issues with the guy from Tresona, but that's nothing to do with moral character, more to do with my issues about everything that company has done to create issues for DCI and BOA (still don't have the option to buy a recording of my senior year marching band show because of them).

Maybe it’ll actually help 

• Thanks 1

Just read about the changes regarding the Cadets BOD. I'm beyond elated right now about the corps. They are making fantastic changes for the future of this great organization. It has been amazing to watch the response from the Cadets organization to this difficult situation. FHNSAB!

• Like 3

While I'm not sure how much the board will really impact the day-to-day workings of the Cadets and YEA!, reading their bio's, why they were chosen, and the entire press statement has me feeling a little positive in this horrendous situation.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Reason why bank employees have to take a week off according to a few I’ve spoken to

Required indeed. In fact many banks upped the number of days off employees get to help with this. I’m still trying to figure out how to use all of mine and I lost 28 hours of carryover because I didn’t use it by 3/31

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, BRASSO said:

Some might not feel better either when they learn that apparently the YEA BOD at the moment has no intention of resigning nor even expects to be removed by any one soon... including any directive from DCI that might surface  for them all to resign either

Do you EVER stop with the BS?    "AT THE MOMENT" you posted that, they had already resigned and the marching members on the leadership committee had already been informed.

Edited by Eleran
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1