Update from the Philadelphia Inquirer

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

Busted. 

Hey Terri... the new Chairperson of the DCI Board of Directors once marched your former Corps, we're hearing... The Guardsmen. Pretty cool !.... ps... just noticed you posted the same right above a few moments ago.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 2

54 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Hey Terri... the new Chairperson of the DCI Board of Directors once marched your former Corps, we're hearing... The Guardsmen. Pretty cool !.... ps... just noticed you posted the same right above a few moments ago.

IMO she is a very good choice and gives DCI better optics by having a woman in the good old boys club. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, HockeyDad said:

He's lucky he didn't get arrested and charged with child enticement. I'm surprised it wasn't considered a criminal act. 

It is not even close to a criminal act. He is not lucky. There is nothing to charge him on and to suggest so it ridiculous.

2 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

Then he needs to be a helluva lot more forthcoming and be prepared to deal with a lot of #### flung his way.

Good intentions aside, for six years, he had a guy on admin/staff that had lost his teaching license for sex-texting students and was not once forthcoming about it to parents and students, and former staff have expressed they were rebuffed when raising concerns or realized it was pointless to raise concerns. While nothing potentially criminal (that we know of) like in the YEA situation, it's a PR disaster.

This.

Unlike Hopkins or Moody, or the YEA board members who failed to act concerning Hopkins's many offenses committed as Cadets' director, I don't think Morrison necessarily has to step down from Crossmen for this decision, terrible as I think it was (and certainly I don't think he needs to be permanently disengaged from drum corps activity). But he needs to show that he understands that he made a really bad call, and that he's truly sorry.

That said, him stepping down would probably be the smart move for Crossmen. (And depending on what more is learned about any retaliation toward employees who expressed concerns about Moody, maybe it is a necessary one.) Is this another organization that's grown too dependent on one leader?