2018 Predictions

Here's what I think, based on staff changes and trends from the past few years:

1) Santa Clara Vanguard

2) Blue Devils

3) Carolina Crown

4) Cavaliers

5) Boston Crusaders

6) Bluecoats

Bluecoats are a huge wildcard this year, I think they could end up anywhere between 3 and 6, based on how the other corps do. Now that Crown has their percussion situation figured out, they could be serious contenders for 1, if they can pull their guard and GE back up. SCV is going to be really hungry this year, plus they've added a legend to their visual staff (a category BD beat them in last year by a lot). Cavs got a former E=mc^2 player for their brass line this year, that should really help their brass and music overall, keeping BAC from cresting past 5.

32 minutes ago, ccklinefelter said:

1) Santa Clara Vanguard

2) Blue Devils

3) Carolina Crown

4) Cavaliers

5) Boston Crusaders

6) Bluecoats

Bluecoats are a huge wildcard this year, I think they could end up anywhere between 3 and 6, based on how the other corps do. Now that Crown has their percussion situation figured out, they could be serious contenders for 1, if they can pull their guard and GE back up. SCV is going to be really hungry this year, plus they've added a legend to their visual staff (a category BD beat them in last year by a lot). Cavs got a former E=mc^2 player for their brass line this year, that should really help their brass and music overall, keeping BAC from cresting past 5.

I can assure youyou, Crownguard has come back withto a vengeance. They're already pretty freaking clean.

1 hour ago, Den8uml said:

Cadets had a challenging off season as an organization which certainly will hurt them early in the season imo

I don't mean to single you out but I'm curious as to why the general consensus is that they're going to struggle this year due to outside factors that haven't affected the performers. Imho they already look and sound MUCH better than last season

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JoshClements403 said:

I don't mean to single you out but I'm curious as to why the general consensus is that they're going to struggle this year due to outside factors that haven't affected the performers. Imho they already look and sound MUCH better than last season

Because at this point in the season, everyones supposedly looking and sounding much better thanthan last season. Happens every year. Us outsiders won't know anything until videos are posted or seeing them live. Until then, some of us will think they'll struggle. Some of us will tthink they're stronger than last year. It's how the game works.

• Thanks 1

Everyone always looks and sounds better this time every year, tackling their most demanding visual and musical books ever.

It at least makes for some good reading before the first show of the season.

Edited by dcsnare93
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

28 minutes ago, ccklinefelter said:

1) Santa Clara Vanguard

2) Blue Devils

3) Carolina Crown

4) Cavaliers

5) Boston Crusaders

6) Bluecoats

Lots of people seem to be putting SCV in 1st. with BD as 2nd. Crown seems to be getting preseason love, Bloo not so much, but Bloo keeps things pretty tight so until next Thursday it’s almost impossible to predict. Regarding Cavies and BAC, that’s tough. I do agree Kevin LeBoeuf is a great asset for Cavies, but don’t forget that BAC has a very experienced staff, and I would wonder if BAC will be the surprise. I also would not be shocked if some we’ve comfortably placed 7th and below may pack a punch. Blue Knights can often surprise and good things seem to be coming from Cadets camps.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, JoshClements403 said:

Hey it's fine, it's a fair question!  The performers may be focused and ready to kick butt and prove that they are the best and I hope they do! In my experience with any team or group whether in corps or sports or in  my career, things such as negative publicity, turnover, scandal, last minute changes in schedule, etc... are distractions. If not for the performers, then for the organization and the staff. They can cause you to be behind with your focus and progress.  If they come out and prove me wrong, then great!  I'll be really proud of them and all the hard work they must have put in.  BUT going into the season, i'd have to bet that they are further behind then where they want to be, based only on those pre-season distractions.

Edited by Den8uml
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Incognito365 said:

I can assure youyou, Crownguard has come back withto a vengeance. They're already pretty freaking clean.

Based on what? I've seen a video and they are certainly not clean. I've seen Phantom, BD and Crown on video, and cleanliness of the guard I would rank - 1. BD, 2. Crown, 3. Regiment. There is absolutely no way any guard is "pretty freaking clean" at this point. They are still learning work.

• Like 4

On 6/12/2018 at 2:37 PM, PamahoNow said:

But if they did move up as much as last year they would finish in 0th place.  And that would be astonishing.

In 0th place ... and out of the medals!

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, JoshClements403 said:

A few months back  I said I expected Cadets to make finals, and for this year that would be enough, and some who love the Cadets let me know I was underestimating the corps (some more politely than others), though I never said anything that slammed the corps. Since that time, reports from camps have been positive. That being said, what we are not hearing about from Cadets camps are stories with lots of drama and tensions. The focus does seem to be on the show. That could be what is making a difference.

• Like 1