2018 Predictions

22 minutes ago, brassdude6171 said:

if i were like most dcp users i would give some snarky remark like "because the groups placing in first through fifth scored higher," but i can justify it. i truly think the top 6 is going to be a bloodbath and i think that you need a complete package to truly succeed this season... those i have in the top 5 (aside from cavaliers, who i kinda just took a flier on) all have the complete package - no weaknesses. i don't think crown's guard and percussion (and seemingly vague design for that matter) are going to be enough to keep them up near the top.

I appreciate you not being snarky, this is also a discussion board and I wanted to know your thoughts.. wasn’t too random of a question imo. That’s interesting though! I can see what you mean, do you have a lot of insight on crowns show, and that’s what makes you think it lacks in the total package? Or just from those captions and concept mentioned that makes up your prediction? 

58 minutes ago, brassdude6171 said:

if i were like most dcp users i would give some snarky remark like "because the groups placing in first through fifth scored higher," but i can justify it. i truly think the top 6 is going to be a bloodbath and i think that you need a complete package to truly succeed this season... those i have in the top 5 (aside from cavaliers, who i kinda just took a flier on) all have the complete package - no weaknesses. i don't think crown's guard and percussion (and seemingly vague design for that matter) are going to be enough to keep them up near the top.

top7....and maybe adding an 8th

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BlueStainGlass said:

9th

"and in 9th place - we have a 9-way tie for first..."

everyone in stadium faints!

Edited by George Dixon
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, BlueStainGlass said:

I'm just gonna say crowns "weakness" beat many of those groups. Their percussion has improved but nobody will give the props because the hornline takes the cake. The thing is with drums there are always groups that haven't been top 3 taking one of the spots. Cavies, scv, bluecoats, and PR have all been there when they weren't medalists. 

There are plenty of people who recognize Crown's improvement in percussion and give them props for it -- namely the judges. The caption is just extremely stacked, and frankly, there are lines that have just been consistently better.

1 hour ago, dcsnare93 said:

There are plenty of people who recognize Crown's improvement in percussion and give them props for it -- namely the judges. The caption is just extremely stacked, and frankly, there are lines that have just been consistently better.

I mean phantom won a drum trophy in 6th overall. I think it's the reason they have pushed for 2 perc judges for front and battery so that they can nail everything. I think drums are also harder to judge because they play so fast you need people that can figure out rudiments and judge on difficulty. 

1 hour ago, skevinp said:

How bad would it suck to miss first by .0025 but come in tenth?

Imagine the chaos that would ensue if 14 Corps tied for 1st after the Semi's, and 9 on Finals Nite.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, johnpendell said:

I appreciate you not being snarky, this is also a discussion board and I wanted to know your thoughts.. wasn’t too random of a question imo. That’s interesting though! I can see what you mean, do you have a lot of insight on crowns show, and that’s what makes you think it lacks in the total package? Or just from those captions and concept mentioned that makes up your prediction? 

I've seen the first few minutes and it just kinda lacks a cohesion right now for me that the other programs don't. that's sorta stock crown but i also just can't even imagine the direction this show could take. to be honest as far as the crown show goes, i'm in on bruckner and high brass feature (which is awesome), but other than that as a complete package of a program, i'm out.

• Thanks 1