All time favorite "Drum Corps Moment".

Id have to say 82 Dekalb finals, A tie and a runoff. Very late night, but what a show.

'82 Regiment was AWSOME. Something about those knee length red capes and they way that hornline played--still one of my favorites. Always a class act.

82_Apotheosis.jpg

The Tomb

Edited by BigDale

That moment stands like Kennedy and the Cuban missiles in many peoples' memories. I've often wondered what the rest of that tour would have been like if that night had come out differently.

Good analogy, Ray! :tongue:

P.S. - Tried to send you a reply to your message, but your mailbox is full! :worthy:

Hearing Brandt Crocker say...

"On the starting line in FINALS competition, from Sacramento California, Drum Corps International is proud to present.... THE FREELANCERS!"

What made it special is that it was my age out year and we made finals by 0.10!

1992 Finals.

Finally.

The dark years died that night.

Another great moment would have to be sitting in the pines in the back sidelines at Whitewater with a couple Bandetts to look up during Garfields show and to see the domino effect happen during the Z pull. My mouth just dropped. Not a all time great moment but boy was it wild to see live.

Another great moment would have to be sitting in the pines in the back sidelines at Whitewater with a couple Bandetts to look up during Garfields show and to see the domino effect happen during the Z pull. My mouth just dropped. Not a all time great moment but boy was it wild to see live.

and still a perfect score in MM Exec. :laughing:

was sitting with my room mate from Regiment and they laughed...I was sort of shocked :laughing:

Was that in '84. Seems I remember that. I think one guy broke his leg real bad as I recall.

'84, The Odyssey Classic, Cerritos College, Santa Clara, the big push in "Tenderland - The Promise of Living".

1999 DCI Madison - The Brigadiers played an exhibition right before the start of finals. Only two corps recieved standing ovations that evening. The hometown favorite Madison Scouts, and the Syracuse Brigadiers. That's MY moment.