hazing/misconduct

33 minutes ago, Liahona said:

I heard the following ...

The Corps director refused the members medical access
Bad treatment of members by staff
A few circumstances where the kids didn't eat for 12+ hours
Members were threatened that making reports will result in being cut and sent home

Looking at MM comments, the kids pretty much have to buy one of their meals a day at some restaurant while on tour. I may be mistaken, but I read something to that effect on reddit. Holy hell, that adds up money wise! We had more food than we could eat at Regiment when I marched. If you bought something at McDonald’s, etc, it was just because you wanted to, not because there wasn’t going to be a meal provided.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Liahona said:

heard the following ...

The Corps director refused the members medical access
Bad treatment of members by staff
A few circumstances where the kids didn't eat for 12+ hours
Members were threatened that making reports will result in being cut and sent home

Let's not leave out sleeping bus drivers 

Staff only bathroom breaks

2 hours ago, dooser11 said:

I am sure the Philadelphia reporter would jump on this story especially with Pioneer in their back yard this coming week.

i'm sure she's aware

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ghost said:

If I had a child marching, I'd tell the corps send him/her home now.  How many of these mm will even consider marching with Pioneer next year?  After the word gets around not only in the DCI community, but the various band organizations, it might be the final nail in Pioneer's coffin.  And that doesn't make me very happy with that possibility.

the corps would dump them at the nearest transportation center and let them fend for themselves. if it were my kid, my fat ### would be on the next place to them.....and after words were spoken, my kid would be coming home with me

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, fireshane1 said:

Looking at MM comments, the kids pretty much have to buy one of their meals a day at some restaurant while on tour. I may be mistaken, but I read something to that effect on reddit. Holy hell, that adds up money wise! We had more food than we could eat at Regiment when I marched. If you bought something at McDonald’s, etc, it was just because you wanted to, not because there wasn’t going to be a meal provided.

If true, the person was on a different tour than I from DeKalb through San Antonio.

4 hours ago, dooser11 said:

I am sure the Philadelphia reporter would jump on this story especially with Pioneer in their back yard this coming week.

As I said earlier in this thread, Cadets involved sexual misconduct and financial mismanagement that would attract an audience. Salacious details sell newspapers. Rightly or wrongly, this would not.

1 hour ago, Jeff Ream said:

the corps would dump them at the nearest transportation center and let them fend for themselves. if it were my kid, my fat ### would be on the next place to them.....and after words were spoken, my kid would be coming home with me

And lawyer would be going over that contract concentrating on what the corps promised to do 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, fireshane1 said:

You are mistaken.

3 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

i'm sure she's aware

can confirm...