Atlanta's Brave New World

The front-runner going into finals week has been overtaken a number of seasons in the past, including 08, 95, and 88. Ask any of the 3 corps who eventually won those years if they remember which corps was in the lead at this point in the season. Hint; the leaders were wearing blue, black, and white (except for in '88, but that's another story).

Nothing but respect for BD and what they do, but the season's far from over.

It is the spread that will be very difficult to overcome in just two weeks. The season is pretty much over for 1st place IMHO.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll say this, this broadcast convinced me to pony up the money for some apd's:

Blue Devils

HNC

SCV

Carolina Crown

Bluecoats

Blue Knights

Boston

are all definites

There was blind robbery from top to bottom tonight. SCV and HNC put on a whale of a show and got robbed. At the other end, Pioneer was just plain screwed.

if there is critique tonight, and I'm Crown and Cadets, I am ripping the drum guys numbers management.

with 22 corps i can see a sub box tie here or there. but he ####ed himself. he had Phantom at 18.5. he had 18.3 available to keep from a tie, and he had room between Phanton and Cavies to go into.

but he tied. thats just bad numbers management

2 point spread between 1st n 2nd??!?!?! really?!?!

The Blue Devils have the complete package this year... brass, percussion, guard, and a very creative and innovative show and they execute the hell out of it. They are clearly in the drivers seat at this point and right now, I don't see anybody catching them this year.

Congrats to the Blue Devils on their well deserved win tonite.

And Phantom Regiment and Boston look to be trading places all the way to Indy.

Crown turns the tables on Cadets tonite. Those who want to annoint the Cadets as this years Champion right now, I'm sure are disappointed in them being in 4th. I pretty miuch agree with these scores and placements tonite though.

The front-runner going into finals week has been overtaken a number of seasons in the past, including 08, 95, and 88. Ask any of the 3 corps who eventually won those years if they remember which corps was in the lead at this point in the season. Hint; the leaders were wearing blue, black, and white (except for in '88, but that's another story).

Nothing but respect for BD and what they do, but the season's far from over.

I think the difference this year is that BD doesn't have a major weakness. They don't have one area scoring significantly lower (brass, perc, visual, CG, etc.). Every other top 5 corps has at least one or two captions where they score very low (5th or 6th). Even if all of these corps max out there "best" captions, BD could still take second in each and walk away with gold. That is what is going to make it so much more difficult this year.

I won't say it can't happen. Anything can happen. But it is an uphill climb.

Do it up Devils!!

Follow the leader drill. Hang out at the chairs.

Not to mention the Synths at the end to cover the horn line. CHEESE!!!!!!

hmmm wait I recognize that flavor...oh yeah its sour grapes...ever try to jump up and down on chairs and play a horn? here Do this grab your instrument and go up and down the Seat section of the bleachers and play your show.

if there is critique tonight, and I'm Crown and Cadets, I am ripping the drum guys numbers management.

with 22 corps i can see a sub box tie here or there. but he ####ed himself. he had Phantom at 18.5. he had 18.3 available to keep from a tie, and he had room between Phanton and Cavies to go into.

but he tied. thats just bad numbers management

No excuse for ties. Poor judging.

Yeah, but wasn't the closest corps last year at this point less than 1.8 pts away? I know a lot can happen during a season, but the spread between 1st and 2nd is pretty large.

No corps in the 21st century has trailed the top corps at the 2 weeks to go point in the season by 0.8 or more, and gone on to win the title. In other words, unless you're within .8 of the top scorer at this point you probably won't win.