2009 DCA Finals Show - Live Thread

• Replies 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The corps is now reciting the National Anthem. Do the Canadian members have to recite it?

It was the Pledge of Allegiance, and yes, us Canadians had to say it too.

It was the Pledge of Allegiance, and yes, us Canadians had to say it too.

With a few "eh's" thrown in for good measure. :thumbup:

With a few "eh's" thrown in for good measure. :thumbup:

Heh....in 87 when we were singing the opening line of "America the Beautiful," we'd take a good-natured poke at the Canadian members by singing "Oh Canada, oh Canada, it's somewhere over there..."

I got home and was able to put together a panorama pic from retreat as seen from the press box! The original was 9100x2300 so this is the compressed smaller version :)

dcaretreat.jpg

This is SOOO much better than the default Windows 7 wallpaper... :thumbup:

I would like to commend John Donovan and his DCP crew for a job well done... with special kudos to Jeff DeMello and Kevin Gamin...

It was not without is trials and tribulations as there were technical problems (caused by stadium supplied feeds) early on Saturday... but they overcame and did a GREAT job. Have been reliving the experience through the clips...

We also thank BVP Video and Gary Baker for allowing this to happen - now everyone line up to buy the fantastic 2009 DCA DVD's and CD's

Back at you, Tom!

DCA puts on a fantastic show ... Francesca and I already made our room reservations for next year!

Thanks for the kind words, Tom. We always have a great time in Rochester and this year was no exception.

After the comments I heard from Fran about our (newly) traditional Moon Pies and GooGoo Clusters, I'm thinking that perhaps we'll have to change our tradition and go to something a bit more 'Californian' ..... perhaps some Bean Sprouts and Tofu ...... whataya think?

Finally - here's a composite photo I put together from shots on the 50 at retreat.

Click on the thumbnail to see a larger image - which is still only 25% of the original.

DCA09Retreat4-thumb.jpg

Please note: The image is copyrighted by DCP and you may only use it for your personal viewing.

Not bad for a hand-held 'compact' camera.

Thanks again. I'm already thinking about how to improve our coverage for next year.

-john

After the comments I heard from Fran about our (newly) traditional Moon Pies and GooGoo Clusters, I'm thinking that perhaps we'll have to change our tradition and go to something a bit more 'Californian' ..... perhaps some Bean Sprouts and Tofu ...... whataya think?

Yep...bean sprouts and tofu would be great.

Like root-canal surgery.

:tongue::tongue::worthy:

Fran