Pioneer

Larry Case also wrote drill for Etobicoke Crusaders when they were top-6 in 1975. Since then, I've judged marching band shows with him. He is certainly aware of what's going on the contemporary drum corps scene.

There are probably a lot more people like him who could benefit a corps if someone gave them a call.

An interesting note. Pioneer is sending e-mails to their MMs from 2010 asking them their opinion as to what needs to be done to improve the corps. I think this is a positive step and hope they get a lot of response and act positively on the suggestions.

Maybe all of the discussion on DCP is getting the interest of all involved. No one involved with Pioneer enters a season wanting to finish last. The kids that march, by and large, are pretty intelligent and have many ideas about how to improve the corps. Good idea, Pioneer.

Great idea.

I want to take that wager, PIONEER in semis in the next 2 years.

well since semis has 25 corps now if I am not mistaken... do you mean top 17?

well since semis has 25 corps now if I am not mistaken... do you mean top 17?

:tongue:

What does Pioneer do now?...good question. Quite honestly, there is nothing WRONG with doing what they are doing now but, if it were ME making the decisions and I was OK with taking last spots I would #### well go back to G bugles, mylar heads, lose the electronics and do shows like Madison 95. If I am not gong to win I will make #### sure I have the kids getting butts out of the seats and at least feel good about everything they are doing by sheer performance and entertainment value.

Edited by Mello Dude

What does Pioneer do now?...good question. Quite honestly, there is nothing WRONG with doing what they are doing now but, if it were ME making the decisions and I was OK with taking last spots I would #### well go back to G bugles, mylar heads, lose the electronics and do shows like Madison 95. If I am not gong to win I will make #### sure I have the kids getting butts out of the seats and at least feel good about everything they are doing by sheer performance and entertainment value.

See...I wonder...

Retro only works for so long. In 2007, Colts came out with a show that was driven by melody set to drill. Very straight-up drum corps (so glad I was able to march that show, actually.) It was applauded as being more "old school" and "fan friendly." The next year, literally the same show (Night and Day was Equinox with different songs...) was being called "80s design" and accused of not being up to date. Note, same format.

This could probably be a discussion in and of itself but I think the corps identity/history has a lot to do with how retro shows are perceived. Madison, with their history and identity, could probably keep doing the old school thing for several years. Colts clearly could not. I don't know that Pio could get away with it.

Keeping it real, alot of now what is happening at PIONEER. Alot of it positive. I love to see and read so much EMOTION about this Drum Corps. The fans, alumni, and Roman especially should take notice that this Corps is on alot of peoples radar. Great things are happening for your Corps, cant wait to see the new staff they are including take this Corps to the next level. Anybody want to take a stab at what you all are going to come out with in 2011 show wise? It might be advantages as there is alot of intrest right now to keep that going by giving the fans and alums your ideas on 2011. It cant hurt. Nowhere to go but up.

GO PIONEER!