Pioneer

exactly. the corps that came in last in World Class has one of the biggest threads currently on DCP.

that means people care.

would you rather this thread have died after 3 posts 2 months ago?

This is what excites me about the staff that has been assembled thus far.

They are responsible for perhaps the most sophisticated Pioneer show ever, the 1999 17th place show. I believe this was the best package musically and visually that Pioneer has ever had.

I'm looking forward to more of the same in 2011. A bit of nostalgia (maybe duel uniforms ala 1973 :laughing:, jk). Mostly I'm looking forward to see what they will be doing with the theme, "Celebrate". Hmmm...is that week long camp in New Orleans during Mardi Gras a harbinger as to what kind of celebration we'll be seeing?

Hmmm...is that week long camp in New Orleans during Mardi Gras a harbinger as to what kind of celebration we'll be seeing?

3 words... Visual...General....Effect.

Will they play "Hummingbird" by Seals and Croft? They did that in 1975 and I loved it!

Maybe they can add The Thing to their name to distract the judges.

Tarheel Sun, huh? good luck with that.

Pioneer must really like hanging onto that last place position.

Are you referring to the fact that Mr. Golding was a MARCHING MEMBER of Tarheel Sun? Did you actually read his Bio? Marching member, not administrative staff. Marching member.

Please spread your bile elsewhere.

Barney: "What's the opposite of name dropping?"

:laughing:

Just KIDDING! Best of luck to Pioneer! I liked that Teal show, personally.

Tarheel Sun, huh? good luck with that.

Pioneer must really like hanging onto that last place position.

I guess you didn't take the time to read past the first part of the article, so here it is in its entirety. Please be sure to note the extensive experience Nick brings to the corps!

The Pioneer are pleased to announce Nick Golding as the musical arranger for their 2011 show entitled "Celerate". Nick has been an active member in the band and drum corps activity since 1994, acting as a performer, adjudicator, designer, and educator.

As a performer, Nick was a member of the Tarheel Sun Drum and Bugle Corps from 1997-1999, marching both mellophone and soprano bugles. After one year as a member of the Western Carolina University marching band, Nick joined the US Navy as a French horn instrumentalist and staff arranger, serving in both capacities for seven years. Upon his departure from the Navy, Nick performed for three more years as a member of the Appalachian Brass Orchestra and the Atlanta Pops Orchestra.

Nick has been an adjudicator for the last seven years, judging across the entire southeastern portion of the United States. His adjudicator training and affiliations include or have included the West Tennessee School Band and Orchestra Association, the United States Scholastic Band Association, the Florida Marching Band Coalition, and the Central States Judges Association.

As a designer, Nick has composed and arranged for many bands and drum corps across the United States. He received his training at the Armed Forces School of Music’s arranging course, and provided arrangements for some of the US Navy’s finest rock, jazz, and concert bands. In 2006, he composed an original work, Pieces of a Dream, for the Teal Sound Drum and Bugle Corps, and composed Antithesis for the Spokane Thunder Drum and Bugle Corps in 2008.

Nick holds a master’s degree in music education from Piedmont College, and is the Director of Bands at Madison County High School in Danielsville, GA. He has served as a technician and consultant for nearly thirty bands across the southeastern US, and spent the fall of 2006 as an instructor for the University of Tennessee’s “Pride of the Southland” marching band. Nick served as the brass caption head for Teal Sound in 2006, and as program coordinator/brass caption head for Spokane Thunder in 2008.

Edited by PioneerWebmaster