Pioneer

Here is an update for Pioneer from the newly updated/re-created website:

Staff Announcements for Pioneer

Is this the right step? Mr. Case is a nice guy, but is this a step forward?

No offense, he has many years of experience, but I am looking at corps names of corps that havent been around for decades!

This quote can be read in manhy different ways: "Corps Director, Roman Blenski, says that the appointment of Larry Case is a perfect fit for the corps. His familiarity, talent, knowledge, and personal experience in every area of the corps activity is a definite asset that will be to our benefit. His strong work ethics and personal commitment exemplifies Pioneer’s Corps motto, “Better Every Day!”

I am not trying to be a flame-baiter, but to me it sounds like they might have found the right yes man for the job.

I do pray that they will be heading in a step that will continue to build and grow. I personally don't think that this is it.

Prove me wrong! PLEASE! :rolleyes:

I don't think this is flame-bait one bit. Unfortunately, Pioneer is not the most desired place to work right now for instructors across the country. Roman has the reputation of running people off and being really stubborn, not to mention the fact that pioneer is such a rebuilding project.

Well you all have to start somewhere. Mabye this year will be the year that he lets it all hang out, there is nowhere to go but up so this is a start. Dont forget that the alums of this Corps really, really, really need to support your Drum Corps. I am sure that Roman would listen if you are more involved. Give some of your time to him and show him you want to make a difference in your Drum Corps. Give some money to the Corps if you can, and do it now. Show him by doing instead of talking about it, I bet that if 50 alums donated he would be more inclined to change his ways. Talk is cheap, you all need to start showing him that you alums mean buisness. You all need to do it now, not later.

GO PIONEER!

Why look behind? Wasn't the point of this whole thread about looking forward?

Adding Open Class to the mix will make things hard for Pioneer if they aren't willing to stop doing the same things that aren't working over and over...

First - Did I miss something? Are they adding Open Class to the mix? What does this mean?

Second - Michael Boo - Maybe Pioneer will do Irish Club Style - I can hear it now, "Danny Boy oy oy oy Wicka Wicka oy oy oy, Greenfoshizzlesleeves, Garry "Owes Me Money" March and Rivercrunk!"

Maybe they could pull it off! :laughing:

First - Did I miss something? Are they adding Open Class to the mix? What does this mean?

Here's the link to the dci.org article about the new format. Yes; all corps are eligible to enter World Class Prelims on Thursday. The Open Class corps will have their Finals in Michigan City on Tuesday. (And before anyone complains about not witnessing the Open Class Finals in Indy, this is a decision supported by the Open Class directors, according to those I've talked with.)

Second - Michael Boo - Maybe Pioneer will do Irish Club Style - I can hear it now, "Danny Boy oy oy oy Wicka Wicka oy oy oy, Greenfoshizzlesleeves, Garry "Owes Me Money" March and Rivercrunk!"

Maybe they could pull it off! :laughing:

Irish Club Style? Isn't that a malt beverage?

Here's the link to the dci.org article about the new format. Yes; all corps are eligible to enter World Class Prelims on Thursday. The Open Class corps will have their Finals in Michigan City on Tuesday. (And before anyone complains about not witnessing the Open Class Finals in Indy, this is a decision supported by the Open Class directors, according to those I've talked with.)

Irish Club Style? Isn't that a malt beverage?

Based on the new format it appears Pioneer will still be done Thursday unless they make substancial improvement. In my opinion they went backwards in the change to program coordinator so that does not help.