The most overrated shows of the last decade

Edited by BlooContraGuy
  • Like 1

BD 2003- There was a surprising amount of visual dirt if you watch it

BD 2007- Yeah..... How did this win now?

BD 2009- I said it. Way too easy of a show musically

BD 2010- There was a visual program in there?

Cavaliers 2001- This show won?

Cavaliers 2009- Interesting, but a let-down from the Cavaliers I thought

Crown 2007- Meh, this show just didn't do anything for me, and there was some significant performance issues

Crown 2008- The entire show in Bb? Really?

Phantom 2005- This show just wasn't that great, in my opinion.

• Like 4

Since there is an underrated thread... GO!!!

I will refrain from comment for a while.

SCV 2010.

Judges loved the Visual and gave it lots of high demand credit. I didn't see it. Other fans loved the music. I guess it has to grow on you. But despite repeated listenings, it just never registered beyond the meh stage with me.

Phantom Regiment 2008 " Spartacus ". Liked the show, and Phantom Regiment is right up there as one of my all time favorite Corps on the whole. Just thought the 2008" Spartacus " show was a bit overrated in many quarters beyond it's true measure, imo.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 4

SCV 2010.

Judges loved the Visual and gave it lots of high demand credit. I didn't see it. Other fans loved the music. I guess it has to grow on you. But despite repeated listenings, it just never registered byond the meh stage with me.

Absolutely agree with the above. This show to me was about as exciting as watching a sidewalk crack.

I'll add Madison 2010. Nice show, OK performance, WAY OVERBLOWN by the fans in Indy.

Edited by noneofyourbusiness
  • Like 4

OOPS! Wrong decade.

Edited by SFZFAN

I'm going to break these out by corps so as not to offend anyone.

Blue Devils: 2009 1930. If either of their last two shows had to get a 99.05, it should've been TAG...D.

Cavies: 2006 Machine. Technically proficient. Emotionally underwhelming. I like the show, but thought Faust was better.

Bluecoats: 2010 The Future Is Now. :::runs and hides::: While I was glad to see them crack the Top 3, I really just didn't get the show. Nothing taken away from the members, mind you. I think I just enjoyed their 09 soooo much that this one just left me a little flat.

Carolina Crown: 2008 Finis. Entertaining show and well executed, but relied way to heavily on predecessors, IMO.

Cadets: 2003 Our Favorite Things. Decent enough concept, but... see above (Carolina Crown). While it was performed well enough, I felt the design team was phoning it in with that one.

Phantom: 2008 Spartacus. I've come down from the cloud and the hype. Still a great show. Just not the 2nd coming some (myself included) made it out to be.

• Like 3

The one with a door that won.

Ah, but do you prefer that one to the Cadets' Lord of the Rings show?

Is it too soon to add "Two and a Half Men"...?