The Chase Big Idea "compare and contrast" thread

For starters I was told that I don't care about music and kids because I was not going to vote for YEA because I was harassed about it all day long. And I know MANY others who have been harassed all day long about it.

A YEA staff member told you that you don't care about music?

Does receiving multiple e-mails equal harassment to you?

Edited by CuriousMe

My point is this isn't something to get bent out of shape about. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity for Cadets or any corps to receive $500,000. Half a million is a big enough nut to justify risking driving drum corps fans a little nuts with a bunch of emails and two phone calls.

It was just two calls, if I've read this thread correctly. What's the big deal compared with $500,000, which is a super big deal for an activity that puts gas cans out in the hope that folks will drop a buck in.

HH

"Hi I know you've already supported us but we want more" (then repeat). And you did miss my second point that it IS more than just the Chase thingee. What's missing is the fact that these groups will be contacting supporters in the future during the regular fund raising. PO people during Chase and they might think twice about supporting the group at all, including ways they supported in the past.

Same thing happened with my college. Started with the yearly phone a thon and then the MB contacted me which wasn't a problem. After a while I was getting quarterly phone calls about "annual" fund drives (each quarter has a different name). Finally I told them to pick a drive and call me ONCE a year or don't bother at all (MB sends a letter).

Edited by JimF-LowBari

For starters I was told that I don't care about music and kids because I was not going to vote for YEA because I was harassed about it all day long. And I know MANY others who have been harassed all day long about it.

Could you please post a copy of the offending email here (names removed, obviously)?

• Like 1

http://march5.co/

I know everybody is tired of this, but from somebody that literally does this 24/7/365 and worries about finding funding for marching music, music arts, whatever you want to call what we do? It is important.

Please put down the politics .... the opinions... the disliking of whatever... and just vote for what we love to do and see? Maybe get one other person to vote?

That's all we are asking today.

• Like 1

Okay. Still not sure why then you would attempt in this discussion to differentiate YEA from Cadets.

Because it's the simple truth.

Your post said that the "Cadets" had a shot at $500,000. In reality, that is false. If YEA! wins the $500,000 prize, the rules of the contest require that they apply it toward their "big idea" (which is a march-a-thon). The Cadets would get $0.

Think About It. Your favorite corps will enter the Chase Community Giving Event Soon.

You will vote, get your friends to vote. Then see them slip lower in the rankings. YOUR FAVORITE CORPS!

Then you'll call other friends, folks your barely acquainted with, Folks you saw at a party once or twice. FOR YOUR FAVORITE CORPS!

Then you'll twitter, Put a message on the wall of that Guy who's your FB buddy but you really don't know him. FOR YOUR FAVORITE CORPS!

Then you'll call, email or tweet relatives and people you haven't said a word to in ages. FOR YOUR FAVORITE!

But, Maybe this bunch of corps are not your favorites. WHY SHOULD YOU CARE?

Your favorite corps will be searching for votes next time. WHY SHOULD WE CARE?

WE SHOULD ALL CARE! IT"S A SMALL COMMUNITY. IT CAN BE A POWERFUL ONE.

VOTE!

Edited by boxingfred
  • Like 2

Even if you don't want to vote for DCI, YEA, SCV, BD, or GMen please post and share the link anyway! We want to make sure that if people are actually willing to vote that they can see the link!

I cannot stress enough how this competition is bigger than any petty arguments and debate! Half a million is at stake! Being aggressive is the only way! There will be many thank you's and apologies afterward. But I beg of you... Let's get the organizations out from the bottom!

Do these organizations really need to beg to have you share and vote?!?! Here we go, as a community, as the drum corps fans of the world, let's unite for once and PUSH hard! Young students musical futures are at stake! Please and thank you!!!

Let's get excited about music! Let's have fun with this! Let's light it up! 10 hours to go!!!!!!!!!

At least the email I just received ( past hour) was sorta funny......the "NO SPAM FROM OUR FOODTRUCK" one.

If I must deal with this sort of thing, at least be creative.

Thats one "Atta Boy" to DCI

• Like 2

Now I read this part, funny how you couldn't explain this to me when I asked a few days ago. Simply put you don't know me and you're wrong where I underlined. LIKE I SAID BEFORE... (maybe it'll sink in if I shout) I ONLY EXPRESSED MY PREFERENCE. Now how you missed that in the times I posted that here is beyond me. Also said I have no problems in how anyone voted which you somehow missed/ignored too.

Seems like I hit a nerve somehow.... Honestly did it upset you THAT much by using the term "real problems". If so what are you going to do when real life hits you square in the 'nads? Good thing I didn't say "more important problems".... Intersting that I've been "morally superior" when you've been the one being insulting "How nice your city is going bankrupt".

PS - As my friends could tell you, I'm too old (53), PA Dutchified and just have more pressing (read personal) issues to imply anything, I say it straight out and if anyone disagrees I'll be happy to discuss. Just can't stand people twisting my meaning in anyway which is what posts like this are doing. Simply put: If I'm going to <urinate> anyone off, let it be for the real reason, not a misunderstanding.

the only nerve you hit with me was saying drum corps and music are not "real issues". As I have said many times, you can vote for whatever you want, but to justify it by saying some issues are not "real" is misguided, because other people have different priorities.

If your city and another city were up for money based on who gets more votes, and I said "I voted for a real city, not your city" would that not imply that your city is inferior and not deserving? This is how I viewed your statement regarding the music groups.

edit: I realize it is possible (or likely) that we are talking past each other. And I am not angry at all, just so you know. :thumbup:

Edited by soccerguy315
  • Like 1