2011 Uniforms

Can't remember the last time I liked something Cesario did.

as far as his corps designs i think BD is the only one he did i dont really like, im not huge on cavies new uniforms, but they arent bad. Well okay and 2010 crowns design was not my favorite...

Edited by TubaJon

Can't remember the last time I liked something Cesario did.

In the mid '90s I believe Cesario was designing the unis and guard outfits for the Glassmen. Some of that stuff was pretty bright, but pleasing on the eye. Liked it!

Wow, those uniforms are incredible.

Um now I'm just gonna be that guy. I really want to see Crown's uniform because I seriously doubt it's staying the same (but after awhile, the 2010 uniforms grew on me, they were hot). Phantom is definitely another one I can't wait to see, back to all black is gonna be sick. Other than that, I don't know who else I'm excited to see since I don't think anyone else is changing. Besides maybe Coats...something leads me to believe that after what I saw in pics they put up today of the drumline.

I don't want to say too much but from what I hear, cream will still be the dominant color next year for Crown.... and.... ugh.... I should shut up now ph34r.gif

Edited by crownisking

In the mid '90s I believe Cesario was designing the unis and guard outfits for the Glassmen. Some of that stuff was pretty bright, but pleasing on the eye. Liked it!

Glassmen's late 90s uniforms, with the big gold shield on the chest, was one of DCI's best uniforms.

• Like 2

Not a fan of the Troop a Loop uniforms. Too much a marching band/drum corps uniform now, not enough of their cavalry look. JMO.

I hear ya, and as an alum it's been a bit of a bittersweet transition.

Competitively speaking, Troop had to take things out that made for messy visual and add things that create a modern look. The scarves were a visual mess, truly. As an alum I can say it was hard to see the scarves go due to the traditions and history behind them, but as someone who understands competition I know it was a good move. The gold collar hearkens to the cavalry look for me, but they are hard to see on the field. The new drop sashes help with that, though! The triangular sash also draws attention to the collar and adds the modern look.

The old jacket style with the belt was very cumbersome and bunchy. I'm pretty sure the effort was to create a uniform that was closer to the DM uni in style - more trim and neat, for sure. I really can't wait to see the visual ensemble on the field with Nick Benson's drill!

Die hard Troop fans may not like the new look but I think it is a good one. Nice thing about that hat tho is it's pure classic and presents no visual problem at all so they'll always have that I would imagine. Depending on how much movement comes out of the sash I could see that making for a bit of vis slop but I like the uni.

• Like 1

i6y2ps.jpg

Troopers

34fdt6t.jpg

Guard

I'm a big Troopers fan but I must say those are an unfortunate choice - both corps and guard.

• Like 2