DCA AND DCI JOIN FORCES!

Ultimate show lineup- (not in order)

Hurcs, MBI, Bucs, Empire, Cabs, Bush, Cadets, Blue Devils, Crown, Cavaliers, Madison Scouts, Phantom, Cabs Alumni, Sky Alumni, Bridgemen, and a few Open Class DCI Corps!!!

Oh the excitement!

Edited by irishbugle

Let me preface this by stating I love this joining of forces and think its a positive step in the right direction.

Onto other subject matter that has been discussed in this thread.

Labor Day weekend seems to be the date that is working for the DCA body that votes. I would not expect to see any change in the date of championships for a good long while.

While including DCA championships in the same week as DCI finals makes a lot of sense it clearly has a lot of logistical challenges to go along with it. There is also financial consideration. Some will argue that DCA will benefit from larger exposure and larger overall fan attendance. Others will argue that outsourcing championships and moving it far away from the core fan base from the NE will hurt in the short term and could potentially cause a financial short fall for DCA. BOTH sides of the argument holds water.

I do not know what the answers are and do not have a clear solution for all of the hurdles but agree with many that changes are necessary for the survival of DCA.,

DCI and DCA are different worlds, and have a different emphasis (i.e. "Education" vs "Entertainment").

Vive La Difference!

I feel like you did not mean for it to come across this way, but I think there are several DCA groups out there that would say they are VERY eduction based. I do feel like DCI groups are more willing to sacrafice identity to stay competitive.

Ultimate show lineup- (not in order)

Hurcs, MBI, Bucs, Empire, Cabs, Bush, Cadets, Blue Devils, Crown, Cavaliers, Madison Scouts, Phantom, Cabs Alumni, Sky Alumni, Bridgemen, and a few Open Class DCI Corps!!!

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

I feel like you did not mean for it to come across this way, but I think there are several DCA groups out there that would say they are VERY eduction based. I do feel like DCI groups are more willing to sacrafice identity to stay competitive.

Educating the members is one thing... IMO, all competition corps should be doing that, or certainly trying to do that at the very least.

Educating the audience is another thing. There, "education" does not always comport with "entertainment."

In today's mentality, once you say finals/worlds, whatever, performers will want to be done.

yeah youre right...for sure...yet your circuit historically has its marathon season...its a good things its in Wildwood cause you many not have any participants..lol.. :tongue: ..all kiddin aside. If i heard it once over the years ive heard it a zillion times how anti climatic it is after WGI to have a championships...I believe the only ones left is the Wildwood show and one in S Cali. other circuits shut it down for the reason you say.

Ok, here's the deal ...

We are joining forces to do things together that will A) Promote the activity in general, B) Grow the fan base, and C) Save BOTH of us money in the process. We're not having joint championships, we're not shortening our season, and as far as show design and style are concerned, we JUST changed our rules to reward corps for producing and performing fan-friendly shows. Show design and programming are things that we've never even DISCUSSED with each other.

The days of "Hold a show and they will come" are LOOOONG gone. Today we have to compete against 700 cable TV channels, the very same internet you're logged into right now, Xbox, PlayStations (I own all the Guitar Hero and Rock Band games myself), iPods, iPads, ANGRY BIRDS (hopelessly addictive game), FaceBook, the list is endless. We are long past the era when there were only SIX TV broadcast channels IN NEW YORK CITY!

Add to that a bad economy, high unemployment, $4 gas, do I need to go on?

This is what we're up against. So anything that DCA and DCI can do together, to make us bigger, better, and healthier, well folks, we're gonna do it. Pssst. Big secret ... we've enjoyed a good relationship with our friends at DCI for a number of years. They do their thing, we do our thing. But some things we can do together. So why the heck not? :)

Glen

• Like 4

Good to hear Glen ,while im not a big fan of DCI they do have some corps i love .And DCA has always been a differace game altogether.Always out to entertain the crowds ,that the corps do and do it very well.When i go to DCA championships ,i go mainly for preliums ,to see every corps and every show .Give them all a great round of appllause for a job well done .

Ok, here's the deal ...

We are joining forces to do things together that will A) Promote the activity in general, B) Grow the fan base, and C) Save BOTH of us money in the process. We're not having joint championships, we're not shortening our season, and as far as show design and style are concerned, we JUST changed our rules to reward corps for producing and performing fan-friendly shows. Show design and programming are things that we've never even DISCUSSED with each other.

The days of "Hold a show and they will come" are LOOOONG gone. Today we have to compete against 700 cable TV channels, the very same internet you're logged into right now, Xbox, PlayStations (I own all the Guitar Hero and Rock Band games myself), iPods, iPads, ANGRY BIRDS (hopelessly addictive game), FaceBook, the list is endless. We are long past the era when there were only SIX TV broadcast channels IN NEW YORK CITY!

Add to that a bad economy, high unemployment, $4 gas, do I need to go on?

This is what we're up against. So anything that DCA and DCI can do together, to make us bigger, better, and healthier, well folks, we're gonna do it. Pssst. Big secret ... we've enjoyed a good relationship with our friends at DCI for a number of years. They do their thing, we do our thing. But some things we can do together. So why the heck not? :)

Glen

Cmon Glen , There has to be some hidden agenda in this venture :rolleyes: