• 2006: The Cavaliers - "Machine"
    • 2007: Blue Devils - "Winged Victory"
    • 2008: Phantom Regiment - "Spartacus"
    • 2009: Blue Devils - "1930"
    • 2010: Blue Devils - "Through a Glass, Darkly"
  2. 2. 1st Place - Vote 2

• 2000 (The Cadets)
    • 2000 (The Cavaliers)

Cadets 2000 - the greatest show ever written in the history of marching music in all of the universe.

That's what I thought. :tongue:

• Like 1

Is this supposed to be BEST show or is it FAVORITE show? Cause the best is definitly not the Favorite and the Favorite is not the Best. By looking how everyone has voted it seems like most seem to be voting favorite. No offense to fan favorite Spartacus, but it is not the Best of the batch.

Best: better then all the others/of the highest quality

Favorite:most liked/ most personally favored

Edited by GREENBLUE
  • Like 4

Is this supposed to be BEST show or is it FAVORITE show? Cause the best is definitly not the Favorite and the Favorite is not the Best. By looking how everyone has voted it seems like most seem to be voting favorite. No offense to fan favorite Spartacus, but it is not the Best of the batch.

Best: better then all the others/of the highest quality

Favorite:most liked/ most personally favored

It's a poll. On a drum corps fanatic site. And the question was "greatest" not "best." Lots of room for interpretation there! I'm going to bet that even if the word "best" was used, people will vote for their favorite more often than not.

• Like 2

Looks like BD won't have any wins in these polls. Interesting.

• Like 1

2000 Cadets stands out to me as a hallmark of design and execution. 2003 Blue Devils is pure, raw energy and my favorite BD show. Doesn't hurt that 03 Finals were in my backyard and the first live show I ever went to.

Edited by RockEuph
  • Like 1

When I saw Phantom 2008 at finals, it reminded me of the "good ole days" (lol....yes, I'm old and a "homer"). That performance

and show lit up the joint that night, and they totally brought the house down.

Ironically, I left right after the last performance to head back to Indy. I didn't want to hear the scores, because

in my mind, they were going to pick the wrong winner, as they had done all week long. When my cell rang in my car, and

a friend of mine gave me the results, I had to pull over!! I do wish I had been there for that moment, but I am glad

some people captured the score announcements on video.

2008 was a great finish, because a corps that totally connected with the audience with a tremendous musical show

actually managed to win.

GB

• Like 1

2008 Phantom is going to win this based on recent memories coming to the forefront since it is seen as a show that "felt" like a more traditional show and still won.

But the true answer is 2000 Cadets. It was the 2nd best show *ever* designed.

• Like 2

The Machine will probably always be the greatest example of modern marching in drum corps to me and is probably my favorite all time.

Just a FYI,

That show wasn't titled "The Machine". There was no definite article in the show title.. I believe it was simply titled "Machine".

I'm not picking to be mean, rather to maybe share something you may not have known.

I believe the title of that show was a reference to The Cavaliers being known as "The Green Machine".

My take on the show was that it wasn't NECESSARILY a show about several machines, but simply a show theme with machine like imagery that fitted into the Cavalier mythos of being known as "Machines" ( because of their historical marching precision and prowess).

Edited by jjeffeory
  • Like 2