Paid attendance figures for DCI World Championships

Yea, so I've seen your posts on this a couple of times and now I've got to ask: What comments? You obviously sincerely believe there's a negative motivation and I'm just curious of what you're seeing to have that belief.

Most, if not all, seem to be quite positive.

I know what comments he was talking about. But they were only a few out of many positive ones.

Posting this for reference. I'd update the GDP numbers but until we get the '09 and '10 attendance it doesn't mean much anyway.

For reference the GDP is currently running at an annualized target of 1%, so you can add that visual picture.

Suffice it to say that the 9% increase was off a significantly lower level. Still GREAT!, but '09 and '10 must have been brutal.

EDIT: It just dawned on me that, according to the release, '10 attendance must have been 15,765 at finals. Plug that into the picture, too.

20101006-xui94hkryjxhmfufw1je72ap3i.png

my hunch is 09 and 10 will stay hidden

Yes, the Finals attendance in Montreal was a little less than double what this year's Finals paid Attendance was.( 22,000). I was watching the ESPN Finals telecast on youtube from 2005 last nite, and Rondo mentioned twice in the telecast that there was ( his words )" 25,000 in paid attendance " at Gillette Stadium in Foxboro, Ma. that year. On a positive note, this years Finals paid attendance of 22,000 is up pretty significantly from just 2, 3 years, so the trend lines are more encouraging lately.

in 1981, they made every non finalist buy a ticket, whereas now it's a wrist band. it was 36k and change per the scoreboard

So if the paid attendance was 22.085 for Saturday and the 12 corps plus SCVCadets had 150 each, plus the judges, field staff, and DCI admin, Marine Corps DBC, and etc.we came close to 26K for a championship some were planning to boycott several months back. Nicely done.

great to hear.

and i'm pretty sure i'll be another one of the hoard next year. will be my first time at finals since 2007.

with the talent and performance levels right now, i just can't justify not going.

Glad to hear it! Get your ticket as early as possible though if you want to choose where that ticket is. I almost blew it if one of our DCPers hadn't come through for me this year.

So if the paid attendance was 22.085 for Saturday and the 12 corps plus SCVCadets had 150 each, plus the judges, field staff, and DCI admin, Marine Corps DBC, and etc.we came close to 26K for a championship some were planning to boycott several months back. Nicely done.

And the simple math is that attendance in '10 was 15,500, which represents an 6.7% annual growth rate. And, if you don't buy the annualized growth rate, you could simply say that reported attendance is up 40% from 2010.

Nicely done, indeed.

(now I'm wondering: "Nicely done, indeed - WHO?)

• Like 1

Glad to hear it! Get your ticket as early as possible though if you want to choose where that ticket is. I almost blew it if one of our DCPers hadn't come through for me this year.

yeah, i'm getting hotel reservations when they're available online in a few weeks, and getting event tickets the day they come out.

looking forward to it.

yeah, i'm getting hotel reservations when they're available online in a few weeks, and getting event tickets the day they come out.

looking forward to it.

me too

. . . BUT the gross [this year] would have been many multiples higher, since the average finals ticket in Montreal was probably about $20.

Adjusting for inflation? $20 in 1982 would be $49 today. What is the average ticket price for Finals in 2015?