The Edge - Today's the day

The other thing I find hilarious about the hypocrites in this thread is the ones that think that because an act cannot possibly win, they should be eliminated and have no chance at moving on to the AGT finals in Las Vegas. According to them, entertainment value shouldn't play a factor.

I have a great idea! At DCA prelims in Annapolis, let's eliminate EVERY corps that has no shot at winning during prelims on Saturday. Only real contenders will move on to Sunday's DCA Finals show. Sure, we may only have a two-corps show on Sunday, but...

• Like 2

Look at it this way,.................some of the acts were decent and got through,...........some were put on TV as pure spectacle,..........(the little kid rapper brought some humanity to the show),...............but you gotta figure there were HUNDREDS of acts there,.........and I guess if you weren't on top as the ones that got through,...........and on the bottom with some of the crap,........THAT MADE IT ONTO A ONE HOUR BROADCAST,................the edge did okay,...............my guess is the broadcast contained less than 1% of the auditionees......... :shutup:

• Like 2

not making a judgement here at all and as I have said the EDGE should be given credit just for putting themselves out there BUT with that said, anyone even consider maybe they had a bad day, got nervous, maybe just weren't good?I know Blasphemy , how could that possible ...lol..good or bad they tried and thats cool.

I have had many students in the cast of Blast ( which in many cases did not get great reviews from the general public ) But I'm thinking if I saw some brassy sounding, drum bangin, fabric spinning group trying to make cutsy little patterns no one can really see on a stage limitations for about 1 and 1/2 min. if that long, would I like it even knowing the activity.....HMMMMMM probably not...just a thought.

• Like 2

Seriously, Jeff- I don't even have a digital converter. I'm not an anti-TV crazy or anything- I just sorta went away from TV years ago. I was only watching it for Babylon 5 and for weather reports when I needed to know if stuff was cancelled. I go to friend's and my parents for Auto Racing. I'll be hone for Indy on Sunday.

As for Howard, I have thought he's funny in his own way- but again- changing his stripes after decades of prior practice? I can't buy it. Kinda like if Chairman Mao joined the Tea Party. :cool:

I can't buy Fartman as a guy who knows what real musical talent is. And I like Fartman. Just not on a show like this in that role.

Actually, you can watch episodes online shortly after they air, if you are interested. You can watch almost EVERY show online...that is rpetty much how my daughter watches TV programs all the time.

there's many sides of Stern, and he hasn't done the whole Fartman thing in years. he evolves, the show evolves. I get that people don't like him. I just think people make way too many misinformed comments about what he really is.

Which in here is hysterical, because he's bashed for not getting drum corps, but people bash him when they have no clue about him.

Unsure on evolution. Is his show on Sateallite radio evolving? I don;t have a satellite radio subscription so I couldn't tell. As for the paycheck comments, I know he laughs all the way to the bank-

But really, I know his going to satellite so he could do and say as he pleased (is it evolving? More just being able to do what he really wanted to do.) Was supposed to revolutionize that industry, but I'd say it took off more because of good quality music stations and other programs as well as the tie ins into new cars. How much is he making from Sat Radio, how much does he make for this show? Money talks.

I've seen Private Parts read some of it, I'm more sympathetic to him than perhaps you may think.

As for the guy getting clobbered in the hoo-hoos- hey. Anyone familiar with the movie "Idiocracy" knows that'll sell. :thumbup:

• Like 1

while you may disagree, the guy getting kicked in the junk will probablybe popular. look at the millions the Jackass guys have made.

as for the music group with the school teacher...not my cup of tea, but looking at what popular music is today, while not my taste, I can see people liking it.

and as for Howard, well, obviously millions disagree or his paycheck wouldn't be bigger than all of our combined, then tripled, then quadrupled

Jackass is just a collection of silliness and insanity. While not my cup of tea I can see where some people might find it entertaining for a short period of time. But will someone pay $70 bucks a ticket to watch him get kicked in the junk repeatedly? I doubt it which is why I would not have voted him as a GREAT AMERICAN TALENT and let him go onto Vegas.

As for Stern,,, I liked some of his early radio days and his TV movie about his early radio days is still something I will watch when its on because its pretty darn funny.

When Stern got his late night TV show all he did was up the knob of his most crass stuff on his radio days and amplified it to the point where it was the same show night after night. Sterns display last night was just the same old STERN throwing out some of the same crass stuff that people have bought over and over in the past. People will get bored with it soon enough if he does not come up with a new angle.

• Like 1

As for the guy getting clobbered in the hoo-hoos- hey. Anyone familiar with the movie "Idiocracy" knows that'll sell. :thumbup:

Of the only thing mentioned in this thread that I've actually watched.... it's this.... :doh:

But my fav is the intro with the Yuppie couple waiting.... and the "Redneck rabbits".... makes way too much sense

My concern isn't id The Edge made the cut or not....not even, really, if they made air.....it's more that the judges, according to Bruni (who I'd tend to believe) were encouraging boos before they even hit the stage.

THAT'S the BS...I can accept if they had a bad performance...that's no different than nailing it all year and then making a horrible frack on Finals night that's infamous for years to come...but setting UP an act to get that kind of treatment before they have a chance to strut their stuff? THAT'S unacceptable.

• Like 3

Talent or stupidity.....

to jump off a tower into a wading pool?

To get kicked or hammered in the nutz?

To get on stage and attemt to sing when they can't?

I may be on the couch BUT I have the degrees and the experience to be able to "judge" a talent contest.

• Like 1

Talent or stupidity.....

to jump off a tower into a wading pool?

To get kicked or hammered in the nutz?

To get on stage and attemt to sing when they can't?

I may be on the couch BUT I have the degrees and the experience to be able to "judge" a talent contest.

again you have to remember , in the process of trying to find some great talent , and they have in the past, it's a reality show and people love seeing a train wreck. If that werent true reality TV wouldn't be on 24/7. With that said, as I see it the extreme talent gets on tv and the extreme train wrecks because it makes for good tv. AS I said earlier Im very sure what we do will never come off in a 1 and 1/2 min audition or less. AND again the question could be, were they nervous, or good at all. They deserve credit for the attempt BUT what we do is far from mainstream.

Lets give them credit for sure and although we may think we can judge ( as always ) we werent there and being part of it is another thing...how many times , as another poster said did we come off the field saying OH MAN WE WERE SCREWED..LOL..