SCV Corps Jacket Sold on eBay

I had a guy come up to me at a high school marching band competition (I was wearing a Crown tour shirt) and ask me where I marched. I told him Crown, and he proceeded to tell me about how he marched Vanguard in 02, BD in 03, Cavaliers in 04, and then Crown from 05-07. Considering that I marched 2006-2011 at Crown, and did not recognize him in the slightest, I chuckled on the inside and just said, "Cool, man." The nerve of some people.

If you read the eBay posting it was pretty clear that it wasn't a corps member who was selling it. It was listed as a "fantastic Marching band jacket" and the seller didn't have any idea what the patches or logos meant.

Well that goes with the "Rare Trumpet - only two valves" listings that pop up from time to time. And even if the seller knows it's a corps bugle the details might be off. LOL, bought a horn that was listed as being from the 50s-early 60s. When I received it and did some checking found out it was about 20 yrs older (and rarer).

I had a guy come up to me at a high school marching band competition (I was wearing a Crown tour shirt) and ask me where I marched. I told him Crown, and he proceeded to tell me about how he marched Vanguard in 02, BD in 03, Cavaliers in 04, and then Crown from 05-07. Considering that I marched 2006-2011 at Crown, and did not recognize him in the slightest, I chuckled on the inside and just said, "Cool, man." The nerve of some people.

I once had someone claim to have been in my corps back in 2001. Who lies about being in a division 2 corps?

Especially when the corps only had 80 something members, it'd be pretty hard at that size to go unnoticed.

I've ran into numerous people who have lied about their corps history. It's just a shame.

He SAW you in a Crown t-shirt and still said he marched there? WOW!!!

I once had someone claim to have been in my corps back in 2001. Who lies about being in a division 2 corps?

Especially when the corps only had 80 something members, it'd be pretty hard at that size to go unnoticed.

I've ran into numerous people who have lied about their corps history. It's just a shame.

That's why when I talk to people that march I ask a lot of questions. Like "what did you think of ya'lls ballad in "derp" year you marched in?" And if they usually if they didn't march they won't know the answer. I at least tell people that I haven't marched... it was a good dream though. :thumbup:

Since one of the patches has a rose on it, that probably means Brian marched in the 2004 Rose Parade.

Sam, they didn't hand out patches like that in '04; we received official Rose Parade musician patches, an official RP certificate (signed) and we were allowed to keep our uniform "shars". Did the SCV Cadets go to Nats in '94? I know the Cadet corps member jackets look very similar.

RPpatchsm.jpg

Edited by TRacer

Sam, they didn't hand out patches like that in '04; we received official Rose Parade musician patches, an official RP certificate (signed) and we were allowed to keep our uniform "shars". Did the SCV Cadets go to Nats in '94? I know the Cadet corps member jackets look very similar.

RPpatchsm.jpg

Ahhhh....might it be a 2007 patch, then?? The ROSE Bowl??

Ahhhh....might it be a 2007 patch, then?? The ROSE Bowl??

There was no special patch for the Rose Bowl. Maybe the patch is for the '94 show, since it was called the Red Poppy? Maybe it's a poppy, not a rose as some seem to think?

Any word on who bought the jacket? I would hope that the jacket be returned to the hall, and if Brian ever comes back to claim it, have a firm talking to by some of the other alumni from that season....