CADETS NNJ DEBUT

It's definitely a dangerous show. Maybe everyone's expectations were so low (incl. mine), but this really seems interesting to me. I was worried that it would be the worst of 2002, 2006, 2008, and 2010; it's not, IMO. I hear so much potential, but it's not there yet. We HAVE to see what they're thinking visually.

Man! That ballad is gorgeous!! I could do w/o the sleigh bells at the very end of it, though. That ending does go on for quite a bit, doesn't it?

Maybe Crown can take this on next year:

It's A South Park Christmas!

Mr. Hankey, the Christmas Poo

Merry ******* Christmas

The Lonely Jew on Christmas/Dreidel, Dreidel, Dreidel medley

Swiss Colony Beef Log

• Like 1

One thing's for sure, if this show does well, it will mostly be a result of the talent exhibited from the members, not because of the concept/design.

Another thing thats "for sure", is that the Visual and Guard were really lacking in this clip performance. They need to do much more with the Guard, imo. The Visual Design and execution side lacks something too. I just can't put my finger on it after watching this performance. I'm not getting the Visual/ Guard concept/ design here, nor the execution. Frankly, I'm just not seeing it at all. Are you ?

Edited by BRASSO

Another thing thats "for sure", is that the Visual and Guard were really lacking in this clip performance. They need to do much more with the Guard, imo. The Visual Design and execution side lacks something too. I just can't put my finger on it after watching this performance. I'm not getting the Visual/ Guard concept/ design here, nor the execution. Frankly, I'm just not seeing it at all. Are you ?

Its so early I really hate to critique anything at all BUT I will say for this time of the year ( which is early ) IMO it isnt very musical, to many angle tosses, toss for the sake of toss.ALSO a sense of up , down up down only , which is a cadet trait but as featured and integrated as they seem to be they will have to step it up to be that top 5 guard IMO. Theres alot within the musical dynamics not being seen BUT maybe will in time..JMO

Cadets are one of the few who can gradually bring it right to the end as Im sure they will.

Edited by GUARDLING

Honestly, I am not seeing it, either. It doesn't make me feel good to be critical of something so early (or even late in the season for that matter), especially when it involves kids. In fact, I pondered even posting on this thread, as I didn't want to start some flame war and I didn't want to come across as someone trying to hype one corps by trashing another. This corps has consistently proven itself as a world class organization. If anybody can make this concept sell, its The Cadets, however, I haven't seen/heard it in the clips. All of this, of course, is completely irrelevant if you enjoy the show. I have a lot of respect for corps that could care less about placement and put audience enjoyment over judging perceptions.

Honestly, I am not seeing it, either. It doesn't make me feel good to be critical of something so early (or even late in the season for that matter), especially when it involves kids. In fact, I pondered even posting on this thread, as I didn't want to start some flame war and I didn't want to come across as someone trying to hype one corps by trashing another. This corps has consistently proven itself as a world class organization. If anybody can make this concept sell, its The Cadets, however, I haven't seen/heard it in the clips. All of this, of course, is completely irrelevant if you enjoy the show. I have a lot of respect for corps that could care less about placement and put audience enjoyment over judging perceptions.

I'm sure brasso was being sarcastic...

There's a lot of armchair show designers on here tonight... Not saying they're right or wrong, but jeez... It's June.

There's a lot of armchair show designers on here tonight... Not saying they're right or wrong, but jeez... It's June.

youre right.............and some that are designers

Yes it is early..theres still a few weeks to get it right...top 5 dont wait till the end............... to get it right, Im sure they will

Edited by GUARDLING

I'm sure brasso was being sarcastic...

Yes, I was a bit of a wise guy in my reply...( Just goofing off). I have no idea how The Cadets will do this year. The poster here( Elmo Blatch ) could be right on the money that The Cadets could perhaps struggle placement wise a bit with this musical show, particularly in the musical demand area. But with the Visual and Guard show on the field, this show might just take on a different look,sound, vibe,etc altogether. This is certainly a Corps that knows how to bring it all together by Finals most years. I'm really pleased with the access that this Corps has allowed us this offseason and for that I'm really grateful, and I wish them the best this year. I may very well wind up enjoying this show a lot once its on the field and polished. We'll see.

Edited by BRASSO

It's definitely a dangerous show. Maybe everyone's expectations were so low (incl. mine), but this really seems interesting to me. I was worried that it would be the worst of 2002, 2006, 2008, and 2010; it's not, IMO. I hear so much potential, but it's not there yet. We HAVE to see what they're thinking visually.

Hey, there's still plenty of time to add lots of 2002/6/8/10 cheese once we see the full program! It's never too late to write a few voiceovers for "Little Santa"... :rolleyes:

Seriously, if they keep the Velveeta in the food truck, I think they'll likely get the show to "fun". It doesn't look to me like "great" or "game-changing" are very plausible. But it also doesn't look like a total design disaster a la 2008.