Teal Sound Ends Tour

I don't know if this has been talked about because I didn't want to go through all the pages of this thread, but I would love for Teal Sound to continue their merchandise sales at shows. I really think in efforts to keep them alive, people would eat up everything. I know I would.

Hasn't anyone mentioned that this is a new corps director and staff this year for Teal. Something happened last year that isn't well publicized. They had a major turnover at the top of the organization. I messaged the new director a few times back in January when this was all being announced and never got any response. I had a feel then that this ship would either sink or swim.

They would either have the experience to keep things going .. or they would be in over their heads.

I'm not reducing this entire unsettling situation to an "I Told you so because they can't even respond to an email". I'm just saying .. running an operation like this is no cake walk. It takes years of experience, great leadership capabilities, a team that works well together .. and a healthy amount of support from outside sources for fundraising.

I'm not sure we know the entire story behind the ceasing of tour .... all we know is that Teal is done for now. I hope not forever. One thing I know for certain .. this has been a tough learning experience for the management, staff and members of their organization. I hope they take the information they've gained and do something positive with it.

Thanks. This is probably the most accurate post on here. This sums it all up.

If you read the news section of Teals' site, there is an article about the new Corps Director. The article and corps director reference the corps fiscal challenges and increased focus on reaching stability. As much as drum corps is a non-profit youth activity and sport/art form, it must be managed like a complex business operation with the experience, credentials and strategic direction to move the organization forward. This is not an easy thing to accomplish. In organizations such as drum corps, continuity in management is important.

I hope that Teal sees this summer, not as a failure, but a huge opportunity. Think of the Troopers but a few years ago.

Edited by arno0940

I don't know if this has been talked about because I didn't want to go through all the pages of this thread, but I would love for Teal Sound to continue their merchandise sales at shows. I really think in efforts to keep them alive, people would eat up everything. I know I would.

not sure how many people who are going to be willing to hand even more money over. obviously there were money management issues amoung other things

Maybe if money was airmarked to the corps who took kids who had paid their dues would be cool

Edited by GUARDLING
  • Like 1

The facebook page is a #### wasteland right now. There is nothing of any use being said aside from updates on the progress of getting the members home. It's wholly depressing. The parents have every right to be angry, and for the reasons they're claiming. However this is all still in the 'who do I kill?' stage in the parents minds. When the members are home, or placed in other corps I hope it settles down, and the board feels that they can release information to a level headed audience.

Just wanted to make sure I was reading this right, The are claiming that the corps or someone in the corps stole the money from what I read. Are you seriously saying you believe this to be true? I really do not believe this more that the parents screaming wheres all the money have no idea how much it costs to take a corps on tour. Yes it is upsetting to all that this happened but some of the parents posting need to behave like adults not toddlers throwing a temper tantrum. Wait till the facts come out not just make accusations. If it turns out that there was miss management of funds then blast, but know what you are talking about first!

...I messaged the new director a few times back in January when this was all being announced and never got any response. I had a feel then that this ship would either sink or swim.

Option 3.

107969-costa-concordia-cruise-ship-disaster.jpg

• Like 2

I apologize if this has already been addressed (there are a lot of pages to read through), but are the kids in the corps being offered spots in other corps at this time? It seems to me that at this point something would have to be SERIOUSLY wrong with the entire Drum Corps system if every single remaining hole in DCI doesn't get filled. These kids have been training and rehearsing as long as everybody, and even if their skills aren't 100% up to par, they would make much better mid-season members of ANY corps than a true rookie (or even any Vet who hasn't been training this summer).

Noticed the supposed answer to the bus problem above... No idea if true but hours for drivers would be a valid concern for bus companies.

Baron von Redberry???? Missed that one.... more of a Capt'n Crunch guy myself....

I'm a Frosted Flakes guy personally.

I apologize if this has already been addressed (there are a lot of pages to read through), but are the kids in the corps being offered spots in other corps at this time? It seems to me that at this point something would have to be SERIOUSLY wrong with the entire Drum Corps system if every single remaining hole in DCI doesn't get filled. These kids have been training and rehearsing as long as everybody, and even if their skills aren't 100% up to par, they would make much better mid-season members of ANY corps than a true rookie (or even any Vet who hasn't been training this summer).

There is a thread about corps filling holes wit Teal members...Glassmen took 10, Colts took 11 according to reports...Teal FB says the Xmen took some...one tuba is marching Crown...not sure about more.

Edited by MikeD