2012 Drum Corps International World Class Championships

As much as I dislike the show it is far from poorly designed...the design staff does very well of containing difficult parts and they do not expose ANYTHING.

I am just sad because a show like this winning now discounts the importance of form to form marching, and a show like Crowns may never be attempted again.

That's been my worry since 2009 with these types of visual shows... Everyone is going to need to copy in order to have a chance at winning...

Edited by jjeffeory

Maybe Brandt was on the kind of stuff where you realize that caption awards are averaged to include prelims, semis and finals. :devil:

Hmmm. Lets see:

QuarterFinals : BD 29.4 to Crown 28.75 = +.65 for BD

Semifinals : BD 29.6 to Crown 29.25 = + .35 for BD

Finals" BD 29.75 to Crown 29.25 = + .5 for BD

Thats a 1.5 lead for BD over 3 nights.. So how am I wrong again...

Apologies accepted... :tongue:

• Like 2

XV

Congratulations, Blue Devils!

And congrats are due all around, what a great year for drum corps!

+++

Some other awards DCI didn't have time to announce:

All by Myself Award - Blue Coats, 2 points in front of Boston, 2 points behind Santa Clara

Come from Behind Award: Boston, for catching and passing Cavaliers who themselves made a great late season run.

Underachievers Award: Crossmen, who after passing Blue Stars to make finals, nearly caught and passed Spirit of Atlanta!

And the Perfect Peak Award: Blue Knights, who at times was in 13th place and moved into 10th and stayed there in the last week of the season.

• Like 1

Maybe Brandt was on the kind of stuff where you realize that caption awards are averaged to include prelims, semis and finals. :devil:

Scores for the Caption Awards are the average of the three nights IIRC.

That's been my worry 2009 with these types of visual shows... Everyone is going to need to copy in order to have a chance at winning...

7 DaDa shows next year. even more birdcages though.

How can anyone be perfect in any subcaption?

I've been married 27 years, and I freely admit I'm not perfect in the overall score, but can you guess what sub-caption I AM perfect in? :inlove:

:thumbup:

Edit: I should clarify, I'm not bragging on myself, I'm just reporting what's on the judging sheets. :cool:

Edited by wvu80
  • Like 1

Hmmm. Lets see:

QuarterFinals : BD 29.4 to Crown 28.75 = +.65 for BD

Semifinals : BD 29.6 to Crown 29.25 = + .35 for BD

Finals" BD 29.75 to Crown 29.25 = + .5 for BD

Thats a 1.5 lead for BD over 3 nights.. So how am I wrong again...

Apologies accepted... :tongue:

The award is for visual performance not the overall visual score so I assume the visual proficiency score is the one to watch

Great night for our amazing Blue Devils....you are true Champions and a class act....15!

Speaking of class....Carolina Crown was the class of the field tonight joining BD in their retreat space for hugs and congratulations....you are not only superb performers but just #### remarkable people!

Finally to my friend Corpsband and his beautiful daughter (who I believe ages out this year from CC)....I salute you Sir! thumbup.gif

• Like 2