Fan Network 2013

So once again, if I want VOD access to finals I have to have physical media shoved down my throat? Really? It's 2013. Who buys physical media anymore?

I do. Blu-ray is far, far superior in audio and video quality to what you get on the Fan Network. I also don't want the availability of shows to be subject to the whims of someone else. If you own physical media, you have it for LIFE - as long as you have something that can play it. So glad I OWN the DVD of 2008 Finals that was put out before the edit to Phantom's show was done, for example. Long live physical media!

Shawn

• Like 3

They never should have changed it. Gave in to judge community and DCP pressure

Some days all of us can get so confused depending on what day of the week it is. On some days we're told that nobody on the Corps staffs pay any attention at all to what DCP'ers think...... then on other days of the week ( like today ) we're told that Corps will actually change their shows in mid season based on what DCP'ers think.

Oh Man, it sure is interesting Drum Corps times that we live in. ( haha! )

Edited by BRASSO

I do. Blu-ray is far, far superior in audio and video quality to what you get on the Fan Network.

True, but only because the FN tech blows. There's no reason they can't make a 1080p uncompressed or minimally compressed version available for download. They just choose not to. DRM is another story entirely.

If you own physical media, you have it for LIFE - as long as you have something that can play it. So glad I OWN the DVD of 2008 Finals that was put out before the edit to Phantom's show was done, for example. Long live physical media!

I'm sure people who own 8-tracks are saying the same thing.

Edited by Kamarag
  • Like 2

True, but only because the FN tech blows. There's no reason they can't make a 1080p uncompressed or minimally compressed version available for download. They just choose not to. .

1, Ding.

2....and Laserdiscs, and Betamax, and 78s, and 3.5" floppies, and...

1, Ding.

......... landline telephones with wires in their parents basement.

• Like 1

So once again, if I want VOD access to finals I have to have physical media shoved down my throat? Really? It's 2013. Who buys physical media anymore?

I do.

Data usage caps for the internet and the ability to own the media so that I may play it at any time are very important to me.

Oh and the image quality is a LOT better too.

• Like 1

I do. Blu-ray is far, far superior in audio and video quality to what you get on the Fan Network. I also don't want the availability of shows to be subject to the whims of someone else. If you own physical media, you have it for LIFE - as long as you have something that can play it. So glad I OWN the DVD of 2008 Finals that was put out before the edit to Phantom's show was done, for example. Long live physical media!

Shawn

Very good point, that.

True, but only because the FN tech blows. There's no reason they can't make a 1080p uncompressed or minimally compressed version available for download. They just choose not to. DRM is another story entirely.

I am sick and TIRED of companies such as Microsoft and Adobe trying to get me to buy perpetual and recurring services to be able to use their software.

I would ALSO be ###### at a movie company for the same reason.

I'll pay once and have the media as long as it lasts over forking over part of my salary each month to support these kinds of companies. Just a thought though.

No I won't always have the latest version; sometimes that's a good thing ( Phantom 2008 before the edits).

• Like 1

1, Ding.

Still different animal. All of those are physical media. You buy it, you own it. Streaming is a service than can be cut off or suffer in many other ways.

• Like 2