Murfreesboro Mayhem

Was it more because Phantom had a killer show or people just wanted to #### on BD like they do now??

If I really had to guess? Both in fairly equal amounts.

Edited by geluf

I'm surprised at the spread for BD - recaps will be interesting. Honestly, BD's show is fine. I like the music book, I appreciate the performance levels across the board. I'm having a hard time getting past the visual dirt & clutter, it seemed like they achieved significantly less clarity in the high cam shots tonight, compared to Crown and esp. Cadets.

Maybe there's something about the design intention I'm not getting?

Visual Analysis score is out to lunch. I can buy most of the recaps but not BD winning visual caption by.65 over Cadets and .8 over Crown..

• Like 1

Honestly, the poles don't really hide anything I think. They're like 3 inches think and half the show they're out of the way except for the front row.

Visually all that bright white totally distracts me from registering what the corps is doing, but perhaps the judges are better at honing in on what they are looking for.

I think the order of appearance opened that spread abit more then reality but a win is a win do congrats BD..

Cause if they don't win in means their show must be awful right??

No- former BD member right here by the way-

I just think it will be good for DCI if Crown wins- just a gut feeling

I like a lot of BD's show - it just doesnt have that magic feeling that Crown's show does- or Cedets for that matter.

• Like 1

Are you suggesting that it's impossible to dislike a Phantom Regiment show? My entire middle period of drum corps appreciation must have been a lie.

What? Please direct me to where I said "it is impossible to dislike a Phantom Regiment show"...or even implied it. My response was to the statement:

"A lot of people didn't like when your lovely Phantom Regiment won in 2008."

One year. 2008. And objectively speaking, that crowd was very, very much into it.

• Like 1

Visual Analysis score is out to lunch. I can buy most of the recaps but not BD winning visual caption by.65 over Cadets and .8 over Crown..

I'm right there with you... Makes no sense at all.