Allentown 2013

Judging from what I saw in Erie, Spirit of Atlanta has more to clean...and they need to get on that horse and wash it down. If they do they have the better show.

However, Blue Stars have better brass and drums. In fact, Blue Stars beating phantom in percussion is not surprising to me. They were stellar in Erie.

I love the Cadets. Really do. And their music ensemble is one of the absolute best this year. But SCV will catch them (IMO). SCV is simply the better show. They just need to put the "spit n polish" on those last few details -- like brass, visual, intervals, and in regards to music GE they did have some folks sticking (baritones in particular) out of big hit points (which can affect GE Music as well as Music Achievement).

Of course, BD and Crown will likely come in tomorrow and throw down a pair of 95s, and that might do it.

• Like 6

I agree with those tweets. The Cadets have an absolute fabulous music ensemble!!!! Drill is wonderful and perfectly mirrors the music, and the music construction for brass and drums is just incredible. Their weakness is making sense of the boxes and visual GE to some extent in part because of the boxes and in part because of staging. I think their guard is fine. Maybe they are a few tenths below SCV, BD, and Crown, but they're still quite good. I agree though...not a fan of the guard outfits.

Those towers ruin their visual scores and hinder the guard. It's the biggest design miscalculation of the year. Somebody needs to push them out of the truck on the interstate during the drive to Indy. Sorry, Cadets staff, they're awful.

• Like 5

Last night, Academy pulled ahead of Mandarins.

Tongiht:

Blue Devils can take 1st with a win.

Carolina Crown must beat Blue Devils by 0.65

Madison Scouts must score a 92.8 to beat Bluecoats

Cavaliers must beat Madison Scouts by 0.9

Blue Knights must beat Cavaliers by 1.95

Boston Crusaders must beat Blue Knights by 0.65

Crossmen must score a 86.3 to beat Blue Stars

Crossmen must score a 81.65 to stay ahead of Troopers

Pacific Crest must score a 86.2 to beat Troopers

Pacific Crest must score a 79.65 to make the Theater Broadcast ahead of Colts.

Oregon Crusaders must score a 76.6 to beat Academy

Oregon Crusaders must score a 76.5 to beat Mandarins

Jersey Surf must beat Oregon Crusaders by 8.7

Cascades must beat Jersey Surf by 3.25

Pioneer must beat Cascades by 1.95

I'm sleepy, so if my totals are off I apologize.

Edited by Pinwiz
  • Like 1

OR Cadets win bigger if not for Adamo. 5 judges have Cadets on top, 5 have SCV. Gonna be fun to watch

Splits between brass and guard are even. Fugget flat out called the show.

And ?

I was just amazed at how these two judges had COMPLETELY different likes/dislikes about these two great shows! I haven't seen that kind of scoring in a while! As someone else said just a few posts back, if Fugett hadn't had SCV as low as he did, this contest night would have ended with a different victor.

Spirit scored an 84 even on Wednesday.

Ahem, er, well...

You're right! And I was wrong. Funny thing: I was at the Erie show, and when I pull out my notebook, yup, I wrote down "3. 84.0 SoA". But in the course of checking the scores over the past couple weeks, I used the FromThePressBox site, which has Spirit and Blue Knights switched. I didn't notice. My apologies. Thanks for catching my error.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Link to discussion threads for all 2013 World Class corps

Edited by N.E. Brigand

I am somewhat shocked to see Blue Stars moving ahead of Spirit. Yes they probably have a more difficult drill but it is also still very dirty for this late in the game.

Edited by bluesman