Chat Room for Prelims and Semis!

They just changed their percussion program two years ago. So far it's not working out as well competitively as the Lee Beddis era, but it does take time for a new staff to come in and establish a quality program. As painful as it is to have one section below the level of the rest, they should focus on building a program that long-term can play with the big names.

The problem is the programs they're giving the kids are just nowhere close to succeeding to the level they need them to, and from what I've heard, they're too stubborn to make changes to get the percussion program to be presented the right way. I'd give them one more year, but if the same things happen, it's time to start over from scratch. Or just get Rennick, he seems to do a ###### good job with drumlines. :rolleyes:/>

BD got a 19.8 from one of the GE Visual judges tonight, two 99s. That's impressive for quarterfinals. Wonder if they'll get a perfect score there, or if the other two judges will bring it down a bit?

DCI Rule Book

The latest rule book I could find from just a quick look is from 2009. But I don't think their policy on powders has changed since then.

4.7.3 The use of powders or powder like substances is prohibited on or around the competition field.

Did anyone think to ask Mr. DiCarlo beforehand or did they think since Lebron does it it must be ok? He's a pretty amicable and gregarious guy. Not to mention you'll probably get to hear a few of his absolutely filthy and hilarious jokes, haha.

This is just my observation, but is there any reason why Cadets are scoring so low in visual? From theaters, they looked cleaner than anyone except for maybe BD.

They just changed their percussion program two years ago. So far it's not working out as well competitively as the Lee Beddis era, but it does take time for a new staff to come in and establish a quality program. As painful as it is to have one section below the level of the rest, they should focus on building a program that long-term can play with the big names.

yeah but it's going backwards from year 1

This is just my observation, but is there any reason why Cadets are scoring so low in visual? From theaters, they looked cleaner than anyone except for maybe BD.

Their program isn't the most physically demanding save for that technique in my opinion. Their forms are ultra-clear, and their legs are great, so I'd imagine there may have been a bit of nitpicking involved. I'm surprised both them and SCV scored as "low" as they did, and what's surprising is that it was for the opposite reasons that I would've thought if I was told the score immediately after seeing the show.

One word-TOWERS!

One word-TOWERS!

Still would've at least given them better credit on their Achievement then. I thought the towers weren't so bad tonight as people like to make them seem, and in any case, the execution of the members is and should be more powerful than 10 seconds of having to awkwardly push a tower around.