Chat Room for Prelims and Semis!

So Boston, without the penalty, would be within a point of Madison and Cavies...

Which puts them behind Madison after passing them last week and the Cavies increased their lead from last week. They are capable of nailing their show tomorrow night which to me is usually the key night.

When I saw Boston this week in both Pittsburgh (Sunday) and Centerville (Monday), I thought to myself, "I'm surprised there's no penalty for all that dust being thrown on the field!" But there wasn't, at those shows.

So glad I came to finals this year. Corps are excellent. SCV lost me over the last few years, but they have drawn me back this year. I couldn't stop cheering for them. Absolutely GREAT show.

Cadets...oh Cadets. My buddy with me who's not really hip on drum corps but has come with me to finals three times asked me why Cadets show is so slow. He's used to them marching 100 mph. I told him they're doing something different this year. They were great tonight. I kinda just want that feeling I used to get when I see them come onto the field. I think I'm missing that this year. Drumline...GAWD THAT DRUMLINE!!! EXCELLENT!!

Crown was fantastic tonight. Hornline was incredible. That drumlins....man come on drumline. GEEZ!! Overall though, this corps can take the title.

BD. They do everything technically excellent and they are unstoppable. Gotta hand it to them for being able to consistently coming out as the corps to beat. FANTASTIC job tonight!.

Sorry I only commented on four corps, but we drove down from Chicago and got to the show late.

• Like 2

If you finish 7th in percussion, you don't deserve a title. Period.

TELL THAT TO THE 1980 BLUE DEVILS!

• Like 3

Worst GE Music panel of the week for BD with Allison and Harper. Unless Crown can find a few more tenths in percussion and hope BD gets 3rd every night in GE Music,its going to be tough. Devs also wont likely be 3rd in ensemble again this week.

Personally, I thought Crown had some brass issues this evening that we are not used to hearing from them, yet they still won ensemble..

Not so sure that BD is going to make up a lot of ground in GE Music and Music Analysis. Cadets strike me as very strong in those captions. I could easily see them in 1st, especially given the huge disparity between Cadets and Crown percussion.

You're not wrong, obviously, that -1.0 in drums is going to be pretty hard for Crown to overcome.

When I saw Boston this week in both Pittsburgh (Sunday) and Centerville (Monday), I thought to myself, "I'm surprised there's no penalty for all that dust being thrown on the field!" But there wasn't, at those shows.

So why didn't DCI penalize then instead of waiting til championship week and now if that was the case?

Was there someone acting as the T&P judge those nights?

That MA score for Crown has me awfully confused. I would've swapped it with the Brass score. Definitely agree that Cadets took drums today, they were on fire and darned clean. SCV's lower than expected score from my point of view stemmed from visual that just didn't get clean enough in the past week and day, but the recaps suggest that GE-Music isn't loving them. I was genuinely surprised that Troopers were so close to Crossmen. I'd love to see Troop succeed beyond ranking 14th this year, but I couldn't put them more than a half point behind Crossmen in good faith.

However, aside from Spirit and Blue Stars both being too far down from BK/Boston, I can't claim too many real complaints, the rest is me being very, very nitpicky.

I hate scores at Prelims :rolleyes:/> Too many corps for things to be as fair as can be if you ask me. Semis is going to be very interesting.