Chat Room for Prelims and Semis!

I thought some of the guard scores, were kinda off. Bluecoats guard should be more like 9th then 6th. While cavies had a few drops tonight and I can understand achievement score, that content score was really low. Last weekend the guard finished 5th, tonight 10th?

I thought some of the guard scores, were kinda off. Bluecoats guard should be more like 9th then 6th. While cavies had a few drops tonight and I can understand achievement score, that content score was really low. Last weekend the guard finished 5th, tonight 10th?

I was about to get started on guard scores and my gripes, but there are too many to begin listing. Madison in 12th and with only a 17.0? What? :thumbdown:/>

When I saw Boston this week in both Pittsburgh (Sunday) and Centerville (Monday), I thought to myself, "I'm surprised there's no penalty for all that dust being thrown on the field!" But there wasn't, at those shows.

Was there someone acting as the T&P judge those nights?

According to DCI's recaps, yes: "T. Meals" at Pittsburgh and "J. Moyer" at Centerville.

Very glad that audience members aren't judged. Very bad timing issues with those sticks w00t.gif/>

The first half of that show, I actually wasn't sure if we were going fully into the realm of silly and slapstick but we ended up doing just that. Quirky show, definitively Surf.

I found the clackers, or whatever you call them, very distracting. This isn't basketball and people aren't shooting free throws.

Thoughts from the theater broadcast...

1. Troopers really had an incredible performance. I think they catch Crossmen tomorrow. I don't think either is going to be playing on Saturday.

2. I wish I liked Boston's show better. I think they're executing really well, but aside from the uniform change, it just didn't have a big impact for me. I wish they did more showing and less telling of whatever the story is supposed to be.

3. Phantom's Evil Queen actually looked kind of cool. The usage in the 1st half, where she interacts with the drill, is better than the 2nd half where she flaps some dragon wings backfield. I was more into Phantom visually than musically.

4. Bluecoats ... well ... the BD is way too strong with this one, and they don't have the design staff to succeed with BD's style of show. Way too much source music, way too many things going on, way too little development of any given visual or musical idea. For as well-performed as it obviously is, I just find it overall confusing and cluttered. Vanderkloff didn't really shine a lot of light on the design intention.

5. SCV is awesome. Clearly the most popular show in my theater.

6. Cadets are musically awesome, visually not all the way there. I think they should be winning music effect - it's an extremely impressive music book. I'm surprised and a little disappointed that the towers still have so much dirt.

7. I thought Michael Klesch had the interview of the night. Very articulate, and had some interesting things to say about why they chose the material and how they've built their brass program. Crown certainly wins in my book, but I can see why the visual & percussion judges don't agree. Two more chances to see if they can persuade a panel to give them a little more spread.

8. I like BD, and as always, the level of the individual performers is what sells the show. It definitely comes off better in multicam than in high cam. Musically, it's a better book than last year but I don't think it's on the same level as what Cadets/Crown are achieving.

Edited by ShortAndFast
  • Like 1

Anyone know why there have not been any scores announced for so long?

The scores posted on the big screen at Lucas Oil were WAY too infrequent.

• Like 1

Who is judging tomorrow and what is the line up?

8/9/2013 - Semi Finals

GE Visual 1: K.Miller

GE Visual 2: F.Morris

GE Music 1: N.Jones

GE Music 2: K.Turner

Visual Proficiency: J. Orefice

Visual Analysis: T.Ochran

Color Guard: D. Torchia

Brass: M. McGahey

Music Analysis: J.Kennedy

Percussion: G.Fugett

8/10/2013 - Finals