The Cadets - 2014

Also, going to the moon (and other things) "because they are hard" is not a great reason to do it...

I'd also add that that is a very "Cadets" reason to do something. :-) '99 comes to mind...

• Like 1

that hornline is the real deal, but guys in military uniforms doing "movement" still looks ridiculous. i don't like that it's basically compulsory now.

The Cadet uniform does "limit" some of the things they can do but from up top, the body movements with the long white plumes, do add "effect". The brass line is glorious to listen too. Not playing constant runs as some others do, just playing Copland Beautifully.

• Like 1

The Cadet uniform does "limit" some of the things they can do but from up top, the body movements with the long white plumes, do add "effect".

Yes, no matter what the judges say, effect in scare quotes, i.e., no effect at all, is exactly what most body movement adds.

notice the THREE "narrators" at the ending...

I'm very glad they pared that down. Much more clarity and makes the point strongly...

If they don't bring back the dissolving company front in that section it will be a crime against Liberty.

I like the added body movement they added in closer. It's a small addition but from up top in a stadium, the white plumes accentuate that movement and creates a nice effect. BD did that 1-2 years ago and from high up, it really popped and I loved it but never cared for it in smaller venues. Some things are designed for August.

Edited by theCHEZman

There's something amazing about a clean corps in white unis (or atleast the pants). The field looks completely different and the members come off as much taller than they are. I love that effect and it's why I really liked PR 2012.

I'm enjoying this Cadets drill only because of their pants. Is that weird.