The Entertainment Proposal... The one that didn't pass

did you really ask that?.......lol....thats hysterical DUDE!

I did because I was curious. Plus I know the show promoter. I'd give you Larry's exact quote, but that may even break DCP's F bomb filter LOL

Measuring souvies isn't the answer because people spend different amounts regardless of their favorites.

The only answer is to poll the fans as they are at the event. But, it's not reasonable to expect DCI, as the "public face" of the corps to engage a poll that might contradict the standard beliefs of voting constituents.

It's easier to take on face value and proclamation the answer to who attracts the most fans to buy a ticket or attend a show.

and location can skew the polls done at the events

• Like 1

Yes, but you can regress out the geography, and enough data collected over enough time will validate the answers.

Only if you get a like number of responses geographically. if the west says "F that dude" but the east goes whole hog filling them out...then it's skewed.

Only if you get a like number of responses geographically. if the west says "F that dude" but the east goes whole hog filling them out...then it's skewed.

No, don't want to argue statistics, but the opposite is true, too. And there are more people at shows east of the Mississippi.

Over time, the moving averages present themselves and can be regressed out of the equation.

If one wants the true answers, that is.

I look at it this way.... I'm very entertained by movies like Pulp Fiction, Castaway, and The Pursuit of Happyness, however, none of these are movies I want to stand up and applaud for.

What the??? I have never stood up and applauded at any movie theater because there is only a cold screen that would receive my appreciation. I have, however, thanked the manager and employees at some theaters for providing a wonderful venue, clean atmosphere, and great service.

What makes you think that the current judging system is "objective"?

You don't have to worry about objectivity when you write the rules under which you are judged.

Find a way for the fan vote to benefit the current "top-placing" corps and I guarantee the proposal will be passed.

I don't, I was just trying to come up with something that wouldn't be a popularity contest driven by the home field advantaged crowd. An exhaustive ballot is my best idea, but it would take too long.

so funny...oh im sure it was quite the response.....lmao

I'll put it like this.

he was so fired up his hair moved