If DCI wants to appeal the mass audience, then they will have to abandon any innovation at all. The mass audience is your average person in Walmart. or Big Lots.

I don't remember Boston fans being notable among supporters of Blue Devils's shows the past few years, and those certainly were not aimed at a mass audience.

Blue Stars were just .3 ahead in guard last night and they still beat Boston. So, yes, the guard score margin was huge tonight, but tightening the gap tomorrow does not necessarily mean Boston beats the Stars. The other captions will change as well.

By the way, tomorrow night's color guard judge had Blue Stars sixth Allentown weekend, .6 ahead of BAC. I would not be surprised if the Blue Stars get a 19 in CG in finals and maintain a wide CG score margin over Boston.

Look at the guard score Mike turner (MS).

that is BS unless they had a bad run.

they have a good guard that one person is pretty good. I have not seen PR score yet.

a point behind PR??!? sorry, not even. their content is miles ahead let alone content.

Solomon judges tomorrow night. not sure how he's been scoring them.

A champion is not built overnight... get back to me in 2020 or perhaps sooner.

Of course not. But look back at the Boston discussion thread for last year. Somewhere around Atlanta, I wrote that Boston was on track to score 90 (an improvement over the previous year). The response I got, rather irked as I recall, was that Boston was expecting to score higher than that. This year, I know I've seen comments from some Boston supporters who insisted that the organization had plans to score in the range of 93 this year. (For most of the season, even early into the week following Atlanta, they were in fact improving at a rate that would have seen them do that.) But people who suggested that this year's show might not be able to reach that point were, to a degree, being shouted down for their wait-until-next-year pessimism.

Of course not. But look back at the Boston discussion thread for last year. Somewhere around Atlanta, I wrote that Boston was on track to score 90 (an improvement over the previous year). The response I got, rather irked as I recall, was that Boston was expecting to score higher than that. This year, I know I've seen comments from some Boston supporters who insisted that the organization had plans to score in the range of 93 this year. (For most of the season, even early into the week following Atlanta, they were in fact improving at a rate that would have seen them do that.) But people who suggested that this year's show might not be able to reach that point were, to a degree, being shouted down for their wait-until-next-year pessimism.

This is not a fair statement IMO. You know the corps members really don't have control over the actual scores...fans though for that matter can be a bit over zealous at times and that is expected...

This is not a fair statement IMO. You know the corps members really don't have control over the actual scores... fans though for that matter can be a bit over zealous at times and that is expected...

Where did I say that members had control over scores? What I said was that poster here who said two weeks ago what you're saying tonight--this year is a step toward future achievement and not a year when great success should be anticipated--were the subject of some (fairly mild) scorn and derision.

Admittedly, there was some scorn the other way, too. When I posted several times that Boston was on track to score 93 or better, if they didn't stall out, those words were mocked (a little).

Two things:

First of all, last night's guard judge manufactured a 1.5 spread between BAC and Blue Stars which simply hasn't happened once...all year. He basically called the show, and he's not judging again.

Secondly, I have no problem with anyone's opinions on BAC's show...the very nature of which is supposed to engender thought and discussion. However, my blood boils when there are two posters on here (and you both know who you are) who claim to be supporters of the corps (one of whom is even a legacy alumnus) who criticize the corps incessantly.

No Ghost, it is not "tough" on me because I predicted the corps would score much higher this year. But it IS tough on the 150 members who have been absolutely busting their humps day in and day out to perfect their show while we have a couple coffee-room commandos sitting at their keyboards in their air conditioned homes second guessing everything they (and the staff) try to accomplish.

BAC 2014 has been nothing short of spectacular this summer, and the BACCG has been at a level NEVER seen before. And, for the record, for all the jibber jabber about the corps still being dirty, some folks need to clean their glasses.

I could not be more proud of this drum corps this season. Thank you, Boston Crusaders, for pushing the creative envelope in ways that no drum corps has ever accomplished. Once again, Boston blazes a new trail.

Edited by craiga
  • Like 7

sooooo, anybody hear about their new VoiceOver ending?

I honestly don't like that they put that in there...that theme was already obvious enough, and at this point in the season given where they are scoring it reeks of "the only reason we are placing so low is because the judges don't like our show." Which interestingly enough, isn't really the case, looking at the content vs achievement scores in most captions.

Other than that, they are really, really selling the ending of the show now. Much better! Keep pushing till the end, BAC!

• Like 1