Achin' for Akron/Cinecast

He was in camouflage, right? Maybe the lone survivor from last year decided to stick around?

It looked like it was a black and white suite with jaggedness in it. not really camo. maybe it would be camo on Hoth

Speaking of politics...I thought Cadets' show was a little politically charged, too.

I heard a lot of quotes from Presidents on their little tape recording, and when I heard Obama's little "Yes we can" snippet, I almost immediately walked out of the theater right then and there.

But then they ended that part of the show with a Reagan quote. So that made up for it.

I did not like The Cadets' show.

I know Hopkins leans to the left. I do not think politics should be brought into a drum corps show, period. I don't think it's appropriate.

I did not like the narration, and I did not like the stage at the front. This show is lacking something, and I have a feeling it might end up getting jumped at the end.

However, I can appreciate their ability to perform a show at a very high level.

I also thought Cavaliers' show was inappropriate as well. Devils/Demons/Vampires, same thing. The show is the devil.

However, I still think it has enough GE to end up 7th. I don't think it can beat Boston's show, who I think will end up 6th.

I also did not like the alien head in the end of Crown's show.

Everyone knows aliens are actually the "fallen angels" spoken about in the Bible. They are part of the antichrist's plan for world domination.

eye_twitch.gif

• Like 9

Still not a fan of SO MUCH spoken word in the Cadets' program, but I've come to realize what I dislike most about the 'Presidential speech' recordings, as they translate via Fan Network, is how much that all sounds like ill-timed, public address announcer junk. I swear you could slip in a little "Will the owner of a green Toyota Corolla please report . . ." in there without much notice by the audience. The live narrator is wonderful, however.

All things considered, I am VERY impressed with the Cadets this year. The closer is all 'goosebump.' This years' DCI product will long be remembered as one of it's best. No question, and I've seen them all. Great stuff!

Edited by Fred Windish

Don't eat a hot dog before the show!

Ahh takes me back to Madison 02 when a lady threw up two places down from me. All over the poor girl in front. Maybe it was The Cadets' 02 patriotic show!!! Full circle.

Speaking of politics...I thought Cadets' show was a little politically charged, too.

I heard a lot of quotes from Presidents on their little tape recording, and when I heard Obama's little "Yes we can" snippet, I almost immediately walked out of the theater right then and there.

But then they ended that part of the show with a Reagan quote. So that made up for it.

I did not like The Cadets' show.

I know Hopkins leans to the left. I do not think politics should be brought into a drum corps show, period. I don't think it's appropriate.

I did not like the narration, and I did not like the stage at the front. This show is lacking something, and I have a feeling it might end up getting jumped at the end.

However, I can appreciate their ability to perform a show at a very high level.

I also thought Cavaliers' show was inappropriate as well. Devils/Demons/Vampires, same thing. The show is the devil.

However, I still think it has enough GE to end up 7th. I don't think it can beat Boston's show, who I think will end up 6th.

I also did not like the alien head in the end of Crown's show.

Everyone knows aliens are actually the "fallen angels" spoken about in the Bible. They are part of the antichrist's plan for world domination.

The crazy in this post is simply delicious.

Unfortunately, the fact it may be genuine gives it a sour finish, leaving the guest wondering why exactly they chose this restaurant and more importantly, trying to guess WTF they just put in their mouth.

• Like 3

So you're imagining George Washington looking into the future?

Yes, but in a way in which he comes to us in a vision, a dream like state. Or, I do like the idea of some sort of historian doing the narration.