2014 uniforms

Crown... Wow.

I don't even know what to say. Teal? Really? The 90's called wanting their color back.

Sorry, this ain't doing it for me.

Everything comes full circle. It's hard getting running shoes or sports wear these days without garish neon colors from the 80's!

#bringbacktheeagle

I asked the BD alums and die hard fans earlier in this thread and haven't really gotten an answer yet because everything was sort of derailed once the picture of the guard uniforms got released. But is the eagle on the shako considered to be a really big deal in the Blue Devils? Do people think it's an important "tradition" that's being tossed aside? I really don't know, and honestly, in all my years in drum corps never really even noticed (or cared) that they had an eagle on their shakos.

Well, not always.

And is it really a tradition that has been inbued with tremendous meaning for them over the decades? Or is it just something that's always been on their shakos? That's what I'm curious about.

I personally don't think cultural progression can happen without broken traditions.

Traditions are made to be broken.

I'm hoping to see placement traditions broken to smithereens this summer in the perennial top 7... are you with me ?

• Like 2

I'm hoping to see placement traditions broken to smithereens this summer in the perennial top 7... are you with me ?

I am 100% with you. 1st world championship for Bloo or BAC sounds great to me.

• Like 2

I am 100% with you. 1st world championship for Bloo or BAC sounds great to me.

the only thing is winning is NOT a tradition, it's a skill and has nothing to do with any tradition. :biggrin: corps are where they are for many reasons Tradition isn't one of them though. But I guess I get what you are trying to express.

Edited by GUARDLING