Instauration in Indy: 6/18

Looks like Crown will be winning again...unless BD has something better. Just what I think.

Tend to agree. I'm excited to see BD though. I listened to their music on their website and really loved it. They will be on a mission this year. I hope SCV can take a step up too.

Now if they would just trust them to play a whole note once in a while, instead of shoehorning runs into everything

There were whole notes in the ballad, which was gorgeous.

Awesome show by Crown as well! Stunning brass and the demand is through the roof. Love the arrangements, and everything is well voices and orchestrated, much like Cadets. Just better construction than what Phantom and Cavaliers have.

This is going to be interesting. I'd actually have Cadets on top. The way I see it:

1. Brass - Crown by .4 over Cadets

2. Percussion - Cadets by 1.2 over Crown

3. Visual Ex. - Cadets by .3 (thought Cadets were a little cleaner)

4. Visual GE - Cadets by .4 (I really think Cadets have the better drill and overall staging, but we will see what the judges think)

5. Guard - Crown by .5 over Cadets

6. Music GE - Crown by .1 (very close in my eyes, mostly a tie)

So I have Cadets up on Crown tonight by .9. Of course, since I am usually wrong at this stuff, don't place any bets in Vegas. :-)

In all seriousness, that Cadets production is strong. I love the narration. That show calls for it. I do think Cadets have the strong drill, percussion, and marching, overall GE will be close, and brass is in favor or Crown, but Cadets are not far back. Two awesome corps, for sure.

• Like 2

I really liked Cadets show, but it did seem like a bit of a throwback especially when followed by Crown.

Thoughts:

Crown was impressive. Cleaner than everyone overall and that hornline is still unmatched in my opinion. I hope the two contras that fell tonight are okay. This will be a solid season for this corps

Cadets were pretty clean and from tonight, I feel like they're going to be a 3rd-4th place corps.

Phantom was... better than expected. Their hornline was definitely stronger than cavies and the percussion didn't sound too bad to my untrained ear. I'm predicting somewhere in the 6-8th range for them

Oh dear Cavies. That was such a thin and disappointing sounding hornline. I'm not sure if I understood the show concept at all either. Cool marimbas though! 7-9th this year

Troopers: I liked their show last year better. WHERE WAS SHENANDOAH. I DIDN'T HEAR IT ANYWHERE. They have lots of work but I can see them in the 12-14th range.