"DCI All-Star Review," Bowling Green, OH

I foretell a "surge for the ages": Pioneer turns everything around, improves by 50 points from their first show of the season, and sends every DCP'er home whimpering...

Well, Pioneer has improved 2.8 points since their first show two days ago; if they keep up that rate, they'll score 114.7 at Prelims.

• Like 6

Jeez guys, a little competitive passion never hurt. I get the need to be "positive" but lets not make this a feel-good-fest. The Crown v. Cadets rivalry is a particularly interesting one and it's resurgence as of recently is both exhilarating and frustrating. And it brings the taste of blood to many. Let it live on!

Edited by charlie1223
  • Like 1

Jeez guys, a little competitive passion never hurt. I get the need to be "positive" but lets not make this a feel-good-fest. The Crown v. Cadets rivalry is a particularly interesting one and it's resurgence as of recently is both exhilarating and frustrating. And it brings the taste of blood to many. Let it live on!

Tell that to the people getting offended when someone mentions something about why they think Crown's percussion beat Cadets, or why Cadets are coming in first place.

It's certainly NOT necessary.

But it certainly IS fun to say! And it's gotta feel good for a section that has been the subject of many a DCP scourging over the past few years.

So ...

Way To Go, Crown Percussion !!

I do have to say hat I'm surprised. While I can hear a clear improvement this year, I was struck in Akron by the very clear difference in Cadets percussion vs. Crown. Cadets are definitely cleaner and have a better quality of sound. Don't get me wrong. Crown is vastly improved. Of course, I wasn't at the BG show, but it seemed obvious to me one night earlier. But, who am I to judge?

How's the venue, Kevin? I attend BGSU but it's been a few years since I've heard a drum corps play there, since I live closer to Akron. And our marching band sound isn't exactly the same as a drum corps. :tounge2:

You should have heard us (BGSU) play "Flashdance" (quite) a few years ago. The opening hit blew down the house and woke Doyt Perry from his eternal slumber. :wow:

This seems to be a very common word on DCP this season...

By the end of ths season "Aplenty" will be as annoying as "Int"

Tell that to the people getting offended when someone mentions something about why they think Crown's percussion beat Cadets, or why Cadets are coming in first place.

Wisdom aplenty.

By the end of ths season "Aplenty" will be as annoying as "Int"

Personally, I don't see how you can read "aplenty" and not smile just a little bit. It's got such an old-fashioned, throwback, happy feel to it.

But, I do see how it may annoy some by the time August rolls around. So, apologies aplenty ahead of time.

• Like 1