Dekalb TOC

Row 10 on the 40 - had my face ripped off by most of the hornlines - that was fun. Quick review:

BD - awesome hornline - I liked their music, which I don't normally: they played SONGS! I would have liked their show without all the props

Bluecoats - liked the show a lot, theme is evident at all times - I get why they have props, and I minded them the least

Blue Stars - after following BD and BC, I had prop overload - my head hurt - too much STUFF!!! - I liked the show a lot more than I did from a video, but still, way TOO MUCH STUFF on the field

Crown - awesome hornline - I like the show a more than their season preview (via video), but it's still too similar in too many ways to last year's show/structure for me to fully embrace it - that, plus MORE PROPS cluttering the field :-( I would have enjoyed them just as much without ANY props.

Cadets - flame away but they were by far the most boring of the night - yes, their hornline was loud and they were clean in all captions, but I just couldn't enjoy the show - going in, I didn't know that the narrator was lip syncing but that was a major, ongoing distraction for me the entire show, that I couldn't look past - and I I watched most other corps running around drill-wise more, and as I listened to music that the Cadets have played multiple times in the past, I was just bored - the stage was a minor form of prop distraction, as well

Cavies - This is the most I've liked them in a long time (I'm actually not typically a fan of their shows)! The played SONGS - not their typical chop & bop! They DIDN'T HAVE PROPS but still conveyed their theme well!!!! They had fun with the theme and the music and they performed well. Maybe I liked them so much because they didn't have props? Thank goodness they didn't have coffins, gravestones, crosses, etc. - they proved that this junk is all unnecessary - bravo!!!

Regiment - some struggles in the music performance from time to time - still fairly loud, though. Knowing the Swan Lake story now, I struggle with following the storyline in the show. The costume changes and appearances of the characters throughout the show just don't line up with a storyline that matches Swan Lake. Maybe they'll tweak it more, but it seems to me that the staff had their heart set on the uniform changes before thinking through how that would actually fit in the show. Hopefully they figure it out soon.

Cadets - ... going in, I didn't know that the narrator was lip syncing but that was a major, ongoing distraction for me the entire show, that I couldn't look past

Today several people have insisted he is not lip-syncing--but it seemed to you that he was?

You knew this going in. You knew all season that Cadets had narration in their show. Why complain about drinking milk when you already knew it makes your stomach turn...

Funny thing about this website: if you want to state your opinions, you need to allow others to state theirs too. I get that you bleed maroon, but it's been almost ten years now, and other than the Yowza show, no one has done narration consistently worse than Cadets. This I believe. This is what I said. Does anyone know the true meaning of Christmas? I took one of these about an hour ago. The horror....

Cadets - and as I listened to music that the Cadets have played multiple times in the past, .

Huh? I won't argue as to whether you should like it or not, but at least be factual. When did they ever play Lincoln Portrait, music for the Theater or Grover's Corners? When was the last time they played Appalachian Spring? How long ago did they use The Promise of Living?

Huh? I won't argue as to whether you should like it or not, but at least be factual. When did they ever play Lincoln Portrait, music for the Theater or Grover's Corners? When was the last time they played Appalachian Spring? How long ago did they use The Promise of Living?

Lincoln Portrait- 1975

Music for the Theater-Never

Grovers Corner (symphony no 3?)- Never

Appalachian Spring-2008

Promise of Living-1996

• Like 1

Lincoln Portrait- 1975

Music for the Theater-Never

Grovers Corner (symphony no 3?)- Never

Appalachian Spring-2008

Promise of Living-1996

My point exactly. And let's be fair. The short quote in 2008 hardly counts. Before that, it was 1987. So, they reused music they have played "many times before" from 39, 27 and 19 years ago. Again, one either likes it or doesn't, but it's a weak argument to suggest they are just using old stuff. In fact, I'll bet we can find thousands of posts and old DCW letters complaining that corps are "playing music I don't know".

My point exactly. And let's be fair. The short quote in 2008 hardly counts. Before that, it was 1987. So, they reused music they have played "many times before" from 39, 27 and 19 years ago. Again, one either likes it or doesn't, but it's a weak argument to suggest they are just using old stuff. In fact, I'll bet we can find thousands of posts and old DCW letters complaining that corps are "playing music I don't know".

i was just answering the questions. Dont shoot the messenger! I Actually like copeland alot so dont have a problem with it.

Today several people have insisted he is not lip-syncing--but it seemed to you that he was?

I was in row 10 on the 40 - I could see the guys face very clearly (I should have taken photos). If he's not lip syncing, I'd be shocked. 1) He doesn't have the build of someone with the booming voice - not to say someone slender can't have a booming voice, but when his audio/mic was off for his very first reading, hearing him unplugged, I didn't get the booming sound, either ; 2) there were times where his audio seemed slightly AHEAD of his lips. I suppose the sound system could delay it a little. I'd seen a thread title that suggested lip syncing, so I knew to look for it, but I didn't read the discussion, so I didn't know if anyone had officially confirmed or denied it. Sorry if I'm wrong - not a big deal, but I kept checking during the show - and my family believed it to be syncing as well.

i was just answering the questions. Dont shoot the messenger! I Actually like copeland alot so dont have a problem with it.

My apologies for seeming to be aggressive. I was just pressing my argument. I actually appreciated you responding with the dates.