TOC - Warrensburg MO

Wait, Star did a Philip Glass show?

Again I aplogize - sopme of the source music was from Philip Glass - 1993.

Um, Cadets didn't win the Ott for Angels & Demons. And the brass book for that program was anything but "easy"

Star of Indiana didn't play a phillip glass show - so I'm not what year you're referring to?

BD/Cadets/Crown and several other top corps this year have very tough brass books with various challenges. Staging and stylistically Cadets book is very tough. Crown has some crazy timing and run challenges. BD's book is extremely demanding as well

So I'm VERY confused what you are talking about.

Sorry about mylack of recall the other night - If i had a penny for the lack of accurate or factual info I read on DCP I would be a millionaire in a day -

1993 Star - I do not remember the title of that show (irinically a lot of triangles in there in the form of props and drill......

Cadets - nice book but hornline did take a huge break in there - everyone does - it was an example.

In 93 GH made it a big deal that the Star drumline did not play as much as everyone else did that year......Again I apologize - the message got lost because of my lack of communication skills that part of the day as well as up late writing -

None of the source music was Philip Glass. It was all Barber and Bartok. Star literally never played anything by Philip Glass in their entire existence.

Edited by RockEuph
  • Like 2

Sorry about mylack of recall the other night - If i had a penny for the lack of accurate or factual info I read on DCP I would be a millionaire in a day -

1993 Star - I do not remember the title of that show (irinically a lot of triangles in there in the form of props and drill......

Cadets - nice book but hornline did take a huge break in there - everyone does - it was an example.

In 93 GH made it a big deal that the Star drumline did not play as much as everyone else did that year......Again I apologize - the message got lost because of my lack of communication skills that part of the day as well as up late writing -

I toured with those corps in 1993 - Hopkins did NOT make a big deal out of "star drumline not play as much as everyone else" - that's simply not the case at all

• Like 3

I don't think Star of Indiana ever played anything inspired by Glass, and that Cadets 1993 show surely is among the hardest and fastest shows. There was no significant drum break in that show, only the usual "drum interlude" that dominated the 90s. Your point is taken, but everything you say seems incorrect :)

:rock:

• Like 1

I toured with those corps in 1993 - Hopkins did NOT make a big deal out of "star drumline not play as much as everyone else" - that's simply not the case at all

Star had one of the most difficult drum books I've ever seen if you ask me.

• Like 2